Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey kids! Time for more 'Thoughts and Prayers!"
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      Hey kids! Time for more 'Thoughts and Prayers!"
      ‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        “I’ve always kind of felt like eventually it was going to happen here too.”

Actually even Trump knows that Thoughts and Prayers this time asre not enough.
      Which is why, in addition to Thoughts and Prayers, he also ordered the flags of the White House to be half-masted.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Get ready for Trump telling the nation that this could have been avoided if the students and teachers were armed.
        NRA Says Mass Shootings Just The Unfortunate Price Of Protecting People’s Freedom To Commit Mass Shootings

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

They are coming multiple times a week now. It is a shame there isn't any policy change which could put a stop to this or even reduce it. That would be a great thing.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

They are coming multiple times a week now. It is a shame there isn't any policy change which could put a stop to this or even reduce it. That would be a great thing.

He used a shotgun. What are you talking about?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

He used a shotgun. What are you talking about?
              His fathers shotgut.

Maybe making laws that require people to have their weapons locked up at home, out of reach of their children ... and be required to keep weapons and ammo at different locations ... would be a start
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Mental Health services, more anti-bullying initiatives...teachers who actually do something about bullying (although that's more of a county-by-county basis thing).....

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

His fathers shotgut.

Maybe making laws that require people to have their weapons locked up at home, out of reach of their children ... and be required to keep weapons and ammo at different locations ... would be a start
                  A start?! No way. Not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                    Mental Health services, more anti-bullying initiatives...teachers who actually do something about bullying (although that's more of a county-by-county basis thing).....
                    This is good. In this case the coaches actually did the bullying. Our school systems are failing. They are a very big problem. They should have done something about this kid. Serious red flag. Anyone should have known.

Comment

A start?! No way. Not happening.
                      True ...
                      even the tiniest change in weapons laws will be opposed by the NRA and their GOP sock puppets in WH, senate and congress that receive the NRA money.

Thoughts and Prayers (and perhaps half-masting the flags at the WH) must suffice no matter how many people get killed due to lax gun laws in the USA

Comment

True ...
                        even the tiniest change in weapons laws will be opposed by the NRA and their GOP sock puppets in WH, senate and congress that receive the NRA money.

Thoughts and Prayers (and perhaps half-masting the flags at the WH) must suffice no matter how many people get killed due to lax gun laws in the USA
                        You don't want tiny changes. You just mentioned a huge violation of our rights. AND YOU SAID THAT'S JUST FOR STARTERS!

Comment

You don't want tiny changes. You just mentioned a huge violation of our rights. AND YOU SAID THAT'S JUST FOR STARTERS!
                          It is a more tiny change than to ban shotguns outright

But hey, I could also imagine a variation of my proposed law change:
                          If you own weapons and one of your kids uses your weapons in order to go on a killing spree, then you can and will get charged as well, for accomplice murder

See, better formulated ... this way you are not forced to keep your guns locked away ... but if you don't you are fully responsible for any misuse that results from this

Comment

It is a more tiny change than to ban shotguns outright

But hey, I could also imagine a variation of my proposed law change:
                            If you own weapons and one of your kids uses your weapons in order to go on a killing spree, then you can and will get charged as well, for accomplice murder

See, better formulated ... this way you are not forced to keep your guns locked away ... but if you don't you are fully responsible for any misuse that results from this
                            I'm sure that you like all of those laws. People who believe in gun rights don't. So don't talk about little changes because we know what you are up to.

Comment

I'm sure that you like all of those laws. People who believe in gun rights don't. So don't talk about little changes because we know what you are up to.
                              Well, the second version I proposed seems only fair to me.
                              Say it with another example:
                              If I as a car owner, leave the keys in my car and my kid then goes behind the wheel and (without my consent) uses it for a joyride and damages several houses and cars in the neighborhood, then I as the parent, am as responsible for the material damage (and have to pay full for it) as if it had been me, who sat behind the wheel.

Having at least the same requirement for parental responsibilities for tools that are purely meant to kill (i.e. firearms) should be common sense.
                              Likewise that parents, who leave these instruments to kill (and the ammo) out there, so their underage kids can grab them, should be punished harsher than parents who "just" enable their unerage kids to grab the car for a drive

It is the little thing called: assuming responsibilities

You own a weapon, you assume responsibilities ... also for preventing that it can be misused by other persons

Comment

Working...
                              X