A Day Without Sharia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I say that unreformed muslims are immoral. That's correct. If you don't like it stick a lemon in your mouth.
    Well, what can anyone really say to that level of adult debate..

You like Islam very much since you don't want it to be reformed.
    I'd prefer it to be made obsolete through rationality and reason personally, along with every other religion. What I find hypocritical as **** though is someone sitting in a country that in its very first amendment guarantees religious freedom, insisting that another religion should have to change because he personally doesn't like it.

You are a christaphobe.
    I'm not afraid of Christians, I just think its basically a teddy bear substitute for you. Actually that's not completely true, I do get a bit afraid when religious people start using their beliefs to remove basic human rights from other people, or insist on risking human civilization by ignoring extremely clear scientific evidence in favour of stupid stories written in a book by bronze age goatherders.

Comment

Typical Kid... He only believes in religious freedom for religions he likes. And to him, Muslims are immoral unless they change their beliefs to some he likes. What a bigot.
      And the chicken has still not answered the question...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

Well, what can anyone really say to that level of adult debate..

I'd prefer it to be made obsolete through rationality and reason personally, along with every other religion. What I find hypocritical as **** though is someone sitting in a country that in its very first amendment guarantees religious freedom, insisting that another religion should have to change because he personally doesn't like it.

I'm not afraid of Christians, I just think its basically a teddy bear substitute for you. Actually that's not completely true, I do get a bit afraid when religious people start using their beliefs to remove basic human rights from other people, or insist on risking human civilization by ignoring extremely clear scientific evidence in favour of stupid stories written in a book by bronze age goatherders.
        I know that you dream of converting all the muslims over to your anti Christian political worldview but 1) That's not an improvement, and 2) Your worldview is insane, instead of "reasonable."
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What the hell business is it of yours whether Islam is reformed or not? Do you also intend to force the various Christian demoninations to reform? The Baptists are pretty mental, should they reform? What about the Mormons? The extreme Catholic sects? And what if they don't want to 'reform'? Are you going to use the law to force them?
          YES! We've spent a few centuries trying to separate church and state and we're still trying to break free of the Caesar-loving Christians. Muslims are just another player in the game of thrones...yes, they need to reform along with all the other religions bent on compelling legal compliance with their particular doctrines. And we already have a law to force them - its in the 1st Amendment. Government stays out of religion... You'd think religions would embrace that idea, but no... They have a divine mandate to rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

And used the money to fund the Contras .. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E...3Contra_affair
            the republican demi-god

Comment

"Somebody's version of Christianity" was American Christianity. Those somebodies include George Washington, and all of our forefathers. They also believed in your right to practice whatever religion you saw fit. Comparing it to Roman Paganism, Sharia, and fascism is utterly ridiculous and un-American, almost as much so as kentonio's people teaching our children that islamaphobia is like slavery and that anyone who doesn't like Islam is un-American.
              This reminds me of something my mom told me when I was a kid. She grew up in the '20s and one day the public school teacher decided to delve into religion. The lesson plan included learning some prayer and one of the students complained the prayer was wrong. The teacher gave up and left the matter to the parents and their preachers (if any). The Founding Fathers did not invent the pledge, in fact they prohibited religious tests. The pledge is a religious test and it was Christians who sued for its removal even before "under God" was added during the red scare of the '50s because its idolatry too. So you're arguing with other Christians when you tell them your version is "American" and theirs is un-american.

To add to that Berz, you say you can teach morality without teaching Christian morality, but it's still morality. Show me a school anywhere, where children are not taught "someone's" morality. The goal is not to prevent someone's morality. It's to not teach that fascism is good, or that communism is good, or that Sharia is good. It should be to teach that America is good.
              What is America? A land of religious freedom or a "Christian" theocracy? Christian morality was to avoid mistreating your slaves. Do you think that implied endorsement of slavery had anything to do with the fact Christians enslaved others over the centuries? Now to be fair to Jesus, he knew his words were creating or promoting a conflict between his followers and the state. So I view some if his teachings in that context, like paying taxes and slavery. He obviously knew the Romans would slaughter his followers if he led a tax and slave revolt. We banned slavery, not God...

Personally I believe that students should be taught to pledge allegiance to the flag of the USA but that they should be allowed to wear religious clothing.
              Dont both of these violate Jesus' teachings? Students aren't taught to pledge allegiance, they're coerced and indoctrinated by the daily ritual of standing and placing their hands over their hearts and reciting the state's pledge. Jesus criticized taking vows, he criticized public rituals, he called such people hypocrites. Do not be like the hypocrites who stand at street corners and synagogues praying their many words, let your yes be yes and your no be no. When you pray, go inside and close the door. And when you fast, do so quietly. Dont let the left hand know what the right is doing. Outward signs of piety, repetitious vows (like the pledge), it all comes from the evil one. I suspect he'd include broadcasting your piety by wearing symbols like the crucifix. But I doubt its a deal breaker

Comment

Notice that I said that students should be "taught" to pledge allegiance, not "forced" to pledge allegiance. It's basically the same thing as teaching kids Christian morality, or even educator morality (Common Core).

Your understanding of Christ's teaching is not adequate imo, and you haven't even mentioned the Apostle Paul's teachings on this matter, which are probably more relevant.

The Pledge is never intended to replace God with the Flag, so your argument is invalid. If anyone does that it's their own business. And if anyone doesn't want to pledge allegiance for religious reasons that is fine too, but we shouldn't allow them migration rights.
                Last edited by Kidlicious; March 11, 2017, 20:41.

Comment

Will this be the next move in Canada?

The rule strikes at the very center of free speech, namely that of elected politicians, which the European Court of Human Rights has deemed in its practice to be specially protected. Members of the European Parliament are people who have been elected to

Comment

Notice that I said that students should be "taught" to pledge allegiance, not "forced" to pledge allegiance. It's basically the same thing as teaching kids Christian morality, or even educator morality (Common Core).
                    How do you 'teach' someone to pledge allegiance ffs? "Hey kids, today we're going to learn about submissiveness and blind allegiance to nationism. We're not 'forcing' you to blindly submit to the state, but we're damn sure going to make sure you understand how.".

Your understanding of Christ's teaching is not adequate imo, and you haven't even mentioned the Apostle Paul's teachings on this matter, which are probably more relevant.
                    You think Paul's teachings are more important than Jesus? Isn't Jesus supposed to be like God or something?

Comment

Paul hated women more than Jesus did, therefore his teachings trump Jesus's
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        Typical Kid... He only believes in religious freedom for religions he likes. And to him, Muslims are immoral unless they change their beliefs to some he likes. What a bigot.
                        And the chicken has still not answered the question...
                        If you want to be fair there are some extraordinary, unique to Islam, "beliefs" which make it uniquely objectionable among the world's major religions. The command that apostates be murdered is an example.

A command that people be killed because of their beliefs? Yeah, that is rightly called immoral and is completely unworthy of any respect.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Then maybe you should read the Bible... some would consider many of the things included immoral and is completely unworthy of any respect as well.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Then maybe you should read the Bible... some would consider many of the things included immoral and is completely unworthy of any respect as well.
                            Especially the order that preachers of other faiths and apostates are to be murdered also is included,, in the old testament:

Originally posted by Deuteronomy 6
                            1. These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess
                            14. Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you;
                            15.for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
                            Originally posted by Deuteronomy 13
                            1. If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder,
                            2. and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,”
                            3. you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer.
                            5. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

6. If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known,
                            7. gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),
                            8. do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them.
                            9. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.
                            10. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
                            11. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
                            (Deuteronom 13 goes on with telling you to raze entire villages and kill their inhabitants and livestock, if said villages gave harbor to a prophet of anoher faith)

So, muslims just are following the rules of "our lord" as laid down in the old testament ... similarly when it comes to the treatment of raped women
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

How do you 'teach' someone to pledge allegiance ffs? "Hey kids, today we're going to learn about submissiveness and blind allegiance to nationism. We're not 'forcing' you to blindly submit to the state, but we're damn sure going to make sure you understand how.".
                              How do you teach kids to let global elites take over their country? Teach that pledging allegiance to the flag is something wrong, nationalism, anti-Christian, racist etc... Basically you lie. You're very good at that. So are the rest of the globalist scum.

You think Paul's teachings are more important than Jesus? Isn't Jesus supposed to be like God or something?
                              Apparently you don't know how to read. No wait, you're just anti Christian globalist lying scum.

Comment

The fact that you hate the Bible speaks volumes about you. I have news for you. You own worldview is ****. You have no good reason to hate the Bible except that you want the world to become an even more horrible place.

Comment

Working...
                                X