Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Frickin logic dude.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      This condescending douche thinks a person can be so stupid/drugged/ignorant as to not realise their comment is racist.

****, I've done it myself at least once along the way.
      If a person makes racist comments they are a racist. How, for the love of everything good, do you decide who is racist if it's not people who do racist things. It doesn't matter if you are drunk or not. If you beat your wife when you are drunk guess what ... wife beater. If you rob a bank when you are drunk guess what ... bank robber.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

What?

O.K.: All blacks are evil worshipper of Satan
        According to you this is no racist comment, because it comes from me and I am definitely no racist
        No. It's not racist, so you aren't a racist.

Comment

The question I'm wondering - Why is it so important to you that her reputation be saved?
          I have sympathy for her. All of her friends are turning on her. She is innocent. Plus, it's an injustice. This has only happened to her because of her show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I have sympathy for her. All of her friends are turning on her. She is innocent. Plus, it's an injustice. This has only happened to her because of her show.
            Bull****. Her show had been renewed. ABC wanted it back as it was a (relative) ratings hit.

This only happened because of her tweet.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bull****. Her show had been renewed. ABC wanted it back as it was a (relative) ratings hit.

This only happened because of her tweet.
              You don't understand the social media twitter mob and what they are doing.

Comment

• When was the show renewed?

When did the mob come after her?

A - March 2018
                A - moments after her tweet

Her tweet was her downfall. Not her show.
                Last edited by Wezil; May 30, 2018, 21:27. Reason: Clarity

Comment

When was the show renewed?

When did the mob come after her?

A - March 2018
                  A - moments after her tweet

Her tweet was her downfall. Not her show.
                  Dude. Her show would not be cancelled if she didn't make the SJW dip****s poop their pants. You want to be condescending and say you KNOW what comments are racist (even though they were made by people who you admit aren't racist) at least admit that you know she is only fired because the Left wants her fired. Liberals can say whatever thing they want so long as they don't incorporate bloody severed heads into their act.

Comment

• I've been restrained thus far. You are a known commodity and I chose to engage. That said.... I'm rapidly losing patience with your stupidity.

You claimed the mob only came after her because of her show. I pointed out that that was bull****. Were that the case they would have brought her down after or before the first episode aired. They didn't.

The show aired, it did well ratings wise, and by most critics it was a good effort. ABC renewed the show. Again where was the mob bringing about her downfall at that time?

The mob brought about her downfall AFTER her tweet. The tweet was her downfall not her show.

Quite frankly, aside from the first episode, there was nothing overtly political about the show. Most episodes dealt with cultural/social issues in which Roseanne had a rather "liberal" position.

I agree, she was brought down by an online mob but you are seriously screwed if you think it was her show that did it.

Comment

• Poly needs a celebrity poster so we can originate a scandal or two here.

Aeson needs to work on celeb recruitment. The Scientologists may have some tips.

Comment

I've been restrained thus far. You are a known commodity and I chose to engage. That said.... I'm rapidly losing patience with your stupidity.

You claimed the mob only came after her because of her show. I pointed out that that was bull****. Were that the case they would have brought her down after or before the first episode aired. They didn't.

The show aired, it did well ratings wise, and by most critics it was a good effort. ABC renewed the show. Again where was the mob bringing about her downfall at that time?

The mob brought about her downfall AFTER her tweet. The tweet was her downfall not her show.

Quite frankly, aside from the first episode, there was nothing overtly political about the show. Most episodes dealt with cultural/social issues in which Roseanne had a rather "liberal" position.

I agree, she was brought down by an online mob but you are seriously screwed if you think it was her show that did it.
                        Liberals don't like her show. It showed that a Trump supporter can be likable. You are arguing about too many details. If you are not willing to admit that her show was cancelled because if that then fine. I think you are stupid for that and for insisting that Planet of the Apes is a racist slur. It is not. They made that up. I never heard that before.

Comment

• Yeah, maybe Roseanne thinks the woman looks like Charleton Heston.

Comment

• I think she was saying VJ looks like the female lead who befriended Heston... I dont know if I'd call that racist, just an observation of VJs appearance. When Bill Maher showed an orangutan next to Trump the resemblance was uncanny If the fact VJ is black makes it racist, that requires us to believe in a guilt by association - she's guilty because racists like(d) to compare black people to apes. That seems a bit unfair to burden her with their sins.

Comment

• I think that goes to intent vs perception doesn't it?

I'm not sure Roseanne intended to make a comparison other people find racist but it was sure perceived that way. I allow other possibilities beside racism for the tweet and acknowledge that her public "race related" activities and comments in the past are a mixed bag.

I leave it to the listener and not the speaker to determine if they find certain things offensive.

What we (as a society) choose to do with it is the tricky part. This is where Kid's "mob" can be a dangerous beast these days. I don't even think it's a right vs left thing (eg Al Franken), its a social media mob thing. Often the punishment does not fit the crime.

Comment

Yeah, maybe Roseanne thinks the woman looks like Charleton Heston.
                                So no actual case of actual, literal racists calling black people the species in the movie? So you think this is clever?

Comment

Working...
                                X