No announcement yet.

Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could look those up; But i'd rather keep browsing The Onion. After all this is the Fake News Reporting Thread, real statistics and news have no place here. I'm not taking sides 'cause i'm too deranged to care.
    You are literally arguing with someone who has conversations with inanimate objects. Now if you'll excuse me, the fire hydrant is mocking me; I must scream at it!
    Napkinless Man With Grease-Covered Fingers Realizes He Trapped In A Prison Of His Own Creation
    Last edited by Broken_Erika; May 11, 2018, 23:56. Reason: Difference is Irrelevent when Dosage is higher than recomended.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      http://m.dw.com/en/when-refugees-wan...any/a-18737104

After 15 months they can. 2018 - 2015 = 3 years. 3 year >> 15 months. They could get jobs except... 1) Most of them don't even have a high school diploma. 2) Most of them have absolutely no transferable job skills. 3) Despite three years of free language classes most of them haven't bothered and will never bother because they are very happy just sitting on welfare. 4) They are lazy ****s who really did just come for the free welfare goodies.

Well, to quote your source:
      Once the person has been in Germany for 15 months, they don't have to be submitted to this test. But, just like before, the refugee has to get the approval of the municipal immigration office before accepting a job offer.
      Even after 15 months they still need the permission of the immigration office. Dunno if these permissions often are denied, however (I could imagine that they are, if there is a high regional unemployment rate)

Statistics from the german employment agency regarding refugees:
      https://statistik.arbeitsagentur.de/...tmigration.pdf

While many of the statistics therein are open to interpretation (for example, you are not "unemployed", if you attend to courses financed by the agency, or if you have to do 1 Euro-Jobs),
      there is two statistics that are rather straightforward:
      The number of refugees/asylum seekers that left unemployment because they either became employed by the first job market (meaning regular fulltime jobs) or becoming self-employed.
      This number during the last 12 months (meaning between May 2017 and April 2018) was >80k.

The number of refugees in fulltime employment was 216k and that of refugees in part time employment was 65k

So, despite the problems you spoke of (language problems, missing transferable qualifications / education) there is a significant portion of them who are in a job (or are involved in trainingor even apprenticeships)

I don't deny that there are lazy bums who abuse the welfare system ... and generally speaking, that there is a large number of economic immigrants among the asylum seekers. But as I said, the challenge is rather, to separate valid refugees from pure economic immigrants, than to shiut down borders.
      Just as I said, you seem to blow the problem out of proportion, in order to justify your xenophobia
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• You really should read The Atlantic article I linked earlier. It is broadly sympathic to your case but the interesting part is how Germany has hand to get into big data in a very granular way in order to help sniff out the ever present fakers applying for asylum. Much of it deals with exactly that subject from a far left point of view.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          You really should read The Atlantic article I linked earlier. It is broadly sympathic to your case but the interesting part is how Germany has hand to get into big data in a very granular way in order to help sniff out the ever present fakers applying for asylum. Much of it deals with exactly that subject from a far left point of view.
          Reading it now ... thanks or the link.
          It is a very good and in depth written article

And yep, it offers very interesting insights intoi the workings of the BAM (and actually affirms my belief, that the BAMF does a very good job at sniffing out fake asylum seekers from true ones)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• It has gotten better. I will say that. That said in 2015 and 2016 it was a disaster by all reports and it still let's known liars drive through huge cracks in the system though they have finally, finally, finally stopped now stop the worst of the worst. You still have BAMF agents who sell approvals and others who stamp approved against department policy, there are abuses so egregious even he terrible Merkel government has had to take action because it made the papers, but I will admit there has been marginal improvements even if the government was forced to do so under duress.

They have gone a mile and have 99 more to go even by the most pie in the sky bleeding heart estimation. At least they are no longer letting in 1.2 million fraudsters a year completely unchecked though it is not like Merkel made those very necessary changes without being forced.

Comment

• Met Janitors Hurrying To Remove Crucified Katy Perry From Museum Lobby

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• c'mon Katy, wrists, not hands

Comment

• Berzerker
                  Berzerker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oh wait, fake news thread...carry on, Katy

• Betsy Devos is fixing for profit colleges: https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/13/polit...vos/index.html
                Or maybe not. It turns out she is hiring employees of the "for profit" colleges that are under investigation to lead the investigations on their former employers. Drain the swamp, my ass.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  Betsy Devos is fixing for profit colleges: https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/13/polit...vos/index.html
                  Or maybe not. It turns out she is hiring employees of the "for profit" colleges that are under investigation to lead the investigations on their former employers. Drain the swamp, my ass.
                  Make Colleges Great Profit Again!
                  I wonder if Betsy has shares in said colleges...

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like a job for Trump College grads.

• If only we could go back to happier times when college wasn't for profit ... instead college was for getting wasted and laid and up to your eyeballs in debt. (Now it's way past the eyeballs!)

Comment

• Investigation Confirms NBC Management Had No Knowledge Of Misconduct In Matt Lauer’s Network-Sanctioned Sex Dungeon

AT&T CEO Regrets Hiring Cohen Instead Of Just Dropping A Ton Of Cash At Trump International Hotel Like Everyone Else

John Kelly Hoping Prejudiced Anti-Immigrant Comments Got Him Back On Trump's Good Side

Last edited by Broken_Erika; May 14, 2018, 10:07. Reason: Human eyeballs for dinner, you can see what you're eating and it can see you!

Comment

• This probably isn't that far from the truth... Trump Fascinated By Israeli Cultural Tradition Of Mass Slaughter Of Protesters

Israeli Soldiers Open Fire On Palestinians Carrying Potentially Dangerous Injured Friends

Comment

• dp
                        Last edited by Broken_Erika; May 15, 2018, 10:42. Reason: delete this post

Comment

• Yes, clearly this is all Aeson's fault. I demand lots of self-flagellation, mea culpas, and penitent wearing of hair shirts. Or failing that youtube videos about what he is growing on his neo-colonialist farm in the Philippines. Hell, I really only want to see videos of the farm.
                          Last edited by Dinner; May 15, 2018, 10:50.

Comment

• Trump Preemptively Tells Melania He Won't Give Her A Kidney

53-Inch Child Thrown From Roller Coaster Regrets Nothing

Man Surprised By How Often He Still Uses Bullying Skills He Learned In High School

Comment

Working...
                            X