Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A quick question for Americans (Health Insurance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Plato on making more than $250,000 per year.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Also, and I know it may be inconvenient, but please use all the facts. Example: the rate of health insurance cost increases under GWBush vs Obama.
      employer-sponsored family premium
      Pretty good sleight of hand, given that we were discussing the cost increases under Obamacare. 58 over 8 is just 7 a year vs 25 a year. Not even comparable.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
        I know this will be looked at as a dumb question, but I really don't understand...

Why would this be best?

In nearly every other industry competition has promoted cost savings and efficiency. Why would removing competition make it cheaper and better?

Wouldn't standardization of filing forms and regulation of coverages be better?

Sorry...don't mean to be dumb, but I just don't get this one.
        Single payer just means the government pays for a fixed set of coverage. Competition can come from the provider side. So you would still shop among different providers to pick the one you want.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Single payer just means the government pays for a fixed set of coverage. Competition can come from the provider side. So you would still shop among different providers to pick the one you want.
          In Canada, they've actually banned private health care.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
          X