No announcement yet.

The fight for Mossul has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have no business going into Iraq with combat forces.
    That decision was made when the US went in. Yes, the US has business being in Iraq with combat forces. You can't go in, bust the place up and then leave and say, "the job is finished". It's not. There's still quite a bit that has to be done in Iraq. The time to decide whether to get involved or not involved came before intervention, not after.

You don't know a thing about the region and you only want others to die so you can be happy.
    Uh, I'd be happier if the US had never gotten involved. Now that the US has gotten involved, they have duties and obligations. IF they didn't want to incur those duties and obligations then they should not have gone in the first place.

There was no cutting and running, you neoconservative tool.
    Uh, that's exactly what Obama did. Cut and ran.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• No they didn't. They failed to agree to a settlement Obama pushed. Iraq didn't want us there.
      Yes, they did. They wanted 10k troops. Obama wanted none.

What am I supposed to ask the Kurds?
      If they are happier now than they were under Saddam.

What does Germany have to do with Iraq?
      Everything. The US didn't leave Germany in 1949. Had they, the Berlin Airlift would have failed and the US would have lost all that to Communism. IF Truman were Obama, he would have cut an ran from West Berlin, because, 'he had an agreement', and 'the Germans didn't want the Americans there'. Thankfully Truman ain't Obama.

You realize Europe is a different subject and that the troops left in Germany were left during the height of the cold war?
      Indeed. That is why I am arguing that the troops should stay in Iraq.

And senseless sacrifices? Leaving more troops in Iraq would have been a senseless sacrifice. But somebody as arrogant as you can sit on your pedestal and talk about sacrifices.
      And leaving has brought what? The death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians. You want to talk blood, the blood of every one of these Iraqis are on Obama's hands. The US should have stayed. 10k would have been enough.

By the way, you may say you don't support Trump, but you sure sound like him when discussing sacrifices. When has anyone like you ever sacrificed anything?
      When have you?

By the way, Vietnam is doing fine without us.
      Tell that to my little Vietnamese student. She's sooo happy being in America.

They seem to be on the up and the US-Vietnam conducted the first joint naval tests together. The US is starting to see Vietnam as an alternative to that Duterte but, but this is all a different subject.
      Most feel that Saigon was a betrayal but they don't blame the US in general. Had Eisenhower did the same, we'd be seeing millions of fewer Koreans.

The war in Iraq isn't the same as those other conflicts and we have no business being in Iraq at all.
      Like it or not, as soon as the US did get involved, the problems of Iraq became the problems of the United States.

They need to sort their own mess out.
      The mess got worse when the Americans left.

By the way, what will happen when someone like Al Sadr starts killing US troops again? We need to keep any combat forces out of it. Training is fine, but combat... No. You are not honoring the fallen in anyway and you want more kids to die because you are a selfish ass.
      LOL, ask anyone who has fought in Iraq, and I know a few veterans. They all think pulling out was a dumb**** mistake and they wonder why the hell they bothered going over there anyways when Obama pissed it all away.

The man has a 55-57% approval rating and has been quite good in just about every area. You made many ****ty decisions though. Catholicism for example.
      Didn't Ming just warn you for bringing up religion in a thread not about it? Feel free to post in the Ben Kenobi religion thread if you want to piss on my Catholicism.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
        That mandra of "we bomb everyone's children" equally is very reassuring
        i dunno who said that
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          That decision was made when the US went in. Yes, the US has business being in Iraq with combat forces. You can't go in, bust the place up and then leave and say, "the job is finished". It's not. There's still quite a bit that has to be done in Iraq. The time to decide whether to get involved or not involved came before intervention, not after.

Uh, I'd be happier if the US had never gotten involved. Now that the US has gotten involved, they have duties and obligations. IF they didn't want to incur those duties and obligations then they should not have gone in the first place.

Uh, that's exactly what Obama did. Cut and ran.
          Lying liar is back at it!

For one, we had no business being in Iraq and we don't have any business deploying forces in there now anymore than we do in Syria. We need to stay out of it. You are a neo-con and have showed it quite well with your demented view of foreign policy. You also need to hit the history books again. Not religious history, but actual history.

Obama didn't cut and run. He pushed an agreement and the Iraqis refused.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Yes, they did. They wanted 10k troops. Obama wanted none.
            Untrue.

If they are happier now than they were under Saddam.
            Now you're trying to justify the removal of Saddam? There was a no fly zone established.

Everything. The US didn't leave Germany in 1949. Had they, the Berlin Airlift would have failed and the US would have lost all that to Communism. IF Truman were Obama, he would have cut an ran from West Berlin, because, 'he had an agreement', and 'the Germans didn't want the Americans there'. Thankfully Truman ain't Obama.
            Irrelevant. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You're an idiot for even bringing it up.

Indeed. That is why I am arguing that the troops should stay in Iraq.
            You want young men to get killed for your own ****ing agenda. That's typical of an armchair ******* neo-con.

And leaving has brought what? The death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians. You want to talk blood, the blood of every one of these Iraqis are on Obama's hands. The US should have stayed. 10k would have been enough.
            Blowback caused by our intervention and more would have died if we stayed there. Your entire argument is moronic and your attempt to blame Obama shows how stupid you really are.

When have you?
            I'm not the one advocating that US forces come back in coffins like you.

Tell that to my little Vietnamese student. She's sooo happy being in America.
            Don't care for anecdotes.

Most feel that Saigon was a betrayal but they don't blame the US in general. Had Eisenhower did the same, we'd be seeing millions of fewer Koreans.
            The US lost tens of thousands in a failed war based on a total and complete lie regarding Vietnam. We ended up causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands. You're logic is ****.

And don't compare Vietnam to Korea. That's a false correlation.

Like it or not, as soon as the US did get involved, the problems of Iraq became the problems of the United States.
            They weren't our problems and they aren't our problems now.

The Iraqi Army, Kurdish Peshmerga and Sunni tribal forces are enough. We don't need to deploy any form of combat forces. Training is fine, but no combat.

They are rapidly closing in on Mosul as we speak.

You need to get an immediate refund on your history degree. It's failing you.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Boris was right.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• For one, we had no business being in Iraq and we don't have any business deploying forces in there now anymore than we do in Syria.
                Uh, last I checked the US never invaded Syria. They did invade Iraq. So yes, the two situations are different.

We need to stay out of it. You are a neo-con and have showed it quite well with your demented view of foreign policy. You also need to hit the history books again. Not religious history, but actual history.
                How is my view of foreign policy demented? I didn't support the invasion of Iraq.

Comment

• Ben, Gaincarlo, I made a new thread for your discussion about who is to blame for IS in iraq

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Uh, last I checked the US never invaded Syria. They did invade Iraq. So yes, the two situations are different.

How is my view of foreign policy demented? I didn't support the invasion of Iraq.
                    You support a viewpoint that would cause thousands more US soldiers to die for unnecessary reasons. The forces closing in on Mosul are more than adequate. The Iraqi army has dramatically improved in training and in morale.

Comment

Working...
                    X