No announcement yet.

The fight for Mossul has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The troops were withdrawn because of a treaty Dubya signed.
    Then why weren't they pulled out at the end of 2008? Obama made a promise to withdraw the troops, and was going to fulfill his 'promise' regardless of the situation at the time.

Also, if we had never invaded, ISIS wouldn't exist.
    Right. Like Al-Qaeda would never have existed if Israel didn't exist. America didn't create ISIS. They existed before the Americans even got there in Iraq under Saddam Hussein. And Saddam was not their friend. There has always been a radical Islamic faction in Iraq.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Obama didn't show true leadership by honoring the agreement and that he should have broke it lol.
      So instead we honor the agreement, and watch as half the country falls under a radical Islamic faction? Good, not dumb.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        The highest price is something like $175
        How much is that in Daesh gold pieces?
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Then why weren't they pulled out at the end of 2008? Obama made a promise to withdraw the troops, and was going to fulfill his 'promise' regardless of the situation at the time.
          Because the deadline for withdrawal was December 31, 2011? Maybe? hmmm?

Right. Like Al-Qaeda would never have existed if Israel didn't exist. America didn't create ISIS. They existed before the Americans even got there in Iraq under Saddam Hussein. And Saddam was not their friend. There has always been a radical Islamic faction in Iraq.
          Yes, there have always been radicals, all of which Sadaam suppressed.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You are now back tracking and covering for your lies. The withdrawal was already happening. Forces were being drawn down and withdrawn from combat. That is why casualties were lower.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

So instead we honor the agreement, and watch as half the country falls under a radical Islamic faction? Good, not dumb.
              See. This idiot just took something I said out of context to fit his version of the truth. You are stupid. You don't even know what was going on.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Yeah, ben is starting to sound a bit like trump talking about NATO.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Yeah, ben is starting to sound a bit like trump talking about NATO.
                  He thinks NATO probably includes North Korea. Or was it South Korea....

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    **** all of you who voted for bush and supported that ****stain of a war

you pathetic idiotic cretins
                    You voted for Obama two times?
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Yes, there have always been radicals, all of which Sadaam suppressed.
                      Along with the Kurds, etc. I don't see how America is responsible for creating ISIS when ISIS was already there. The narrative seems to be "if only the Americans would leave the problems would go away", except that as soon as the Americans did leave, the problems that were already there exploded. This is no surprise to anyone, save, maybe Obama.

Comment

• Forces were being drawn down and withdrawn from combat. That is why casualties were lower.
                        There's a difference between 'some' and 'none'. Sure, I have no problem with the drawdown which would have happened, but pulling out was a green light. The Iraqis were not ready. Deals get renegotiated all the time. There would be nothing wrong with talking with the Iraqis and saying, "you're not ready yet, if we leave it's going to create massive problems. We'd rather stay longer and get **** sorted out first before we go." Instead, O grandstanded on his promise, watched as peaceful Iraq evaporated and saw radical Islam take over half the country on his watch.

Rarely do we see such terrible failures in foreign policy. He ranks right up there with Chamberlain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          There's a difference between 'some' and 'none'. Sure, I have no problem with the drawdown which would have happened, but pulling out was a green light. The Iraqis were not ready. Deals get renegotiated all the time. There would be nothing wrong with talking with the Iraqis and saying, "you're not ready yet, if we leave it's going to create massive problems. We'd rather stay longer and get **** sorted out first before we go." Instead, O grandstanded on his promise, watched as peaceful Iraq evaporated and saw radical Islam take over half the country on his watch.

Rarely do we see such terrible failures in foreign policy. He ranks right up there with Chamberlain.
                          The response of a braindead turd. For one, forces were not fighting. There was nothing to renegotiate. Iraq refused the deal. It seems to me you wanted US forces to possibly face illegitimate prosecution by Al-Malikis regime. Al-Sadr was also one who repeatedly targeted US troops.

In other words, you are perfectly content with US soldiers coming back in coffins. You are sick.

Not only do you know not **** about foreign policy, you don't know recent history.

Comment

• Daesh leaders have abandoned Mosul. This is the beginning of the end of Daesh in Iraq and possibly everywhere. They are under serious pressure in Syria too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                              The response of a braindead turd. For one, forces were not fighting. There was nothing to renegotiate. Iraq refused the deal. It seems to me you wanted US forces to possibly face illegitimate prosecution by Al-Malikis regime. Al-Sadr was also one who repeatedly targeted US troops.

In other words, you are perfectly content with US soldiers coming back in coffins. You are sick.

Not only do you know not **** about foreign policy, you don't know recent history.
                              I see my name in a thrade.

Comment

• The response of a braindead turd. For one, forces were not fighting. There was nothing to renegotiate. Iraq refused the deal. It seems to me you wanted US forces to possibly face illegitimate prosecution by Al-Malikis regime. Al-Sadr was also one who repeatedly targeted US troops.
                                Leaders lead. O had zero interest in staying in Iraq and wanted to bail asap. That he's still stuck there because of his terrible decisions is delicious irony.

He could have stayed in. What would Maliki say? "We don't want American troops here." "If we leave are you going to call us back to help save your sorry ass if your government falls?

Maliki....

"Then we'll stay."

Comment

Working...
                                X