No announcement yet.

The fight for Mossul has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, Iraqi Body Count estimated from newspaper articles.
    You do a body count by surveying 1400 people? On what planet? Terrible argument.

BTW your second source:

Several household surveys were conducted in Iraq between 2004 and 2007 to gather data on mortality
    Cites the same data as before. So rather than a corroboration there is nothing new.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      You do a body count by surveying 1400 people? On what planet? Terrible argument.

BTW your second source:

Cites the same data as before. So rather than a corroboration there is nothing new.
      You took Iraqi body count and they use newspaper articles. And you want to talk about terrible? What an idiot.

And epidemiological studies carry weight and merit when clear and present patterns are found. You do not. You are lying once again.

If anything, there is reason to believe 1 million dead could be an underestimate.

No not a terrible argument. You need to stop hounding about a legitimate study. You look like a moron.

Of course you know better... Not.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

You took Iraqi body count and they use newspaper articles
        Uh. Yeah. What's wrong with newspaper articles? They are fantastically more reliable than a survey. Nobody tries to evaluate body counts using a survey. All they stated is that 20 percent had someone in their family die.

They probably did the stupid thing and then stated that, therefore, 20 percent of Iraq must have died. Uh, no. Math doesn't work that way. Say that we start from the principle of Kevin Bacon, where people are at most 6 jumps away from anyone else. Their contacts will go up with square of the sample. Say you get 2 people, they will have 4 contacts, and so on and so forth.

20 percent of Iraqis is about 2 million people. If we're assuming by family they mean, say 8 people and not counting extended family, that would be 2^8, or about 256 permutations. That, taken over the entire population gives us, ta da, about 80k. Same as all the actual sources.

You've been a victim of ****ty math.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Already posted this on FB, but it seems appropriate enough here too. This is an Assyrian community in Georgia singing in Aramaic (the language of Christ). AFAICT they are not refugees--this community has been in Georgia for many years--but there are many like them who have been scattered. Here they are singing Psalm 53 less than a month ago.

Translation:

Fools say in their hearts, ‘There is no God.’
          They are corrupt, they commit abominable acts;
          there is no one who does good.

God looks down from heaven on humankind
          to see if there are any who are wise,
          who seek after God.

They have all fallen away, they are all alike perverse;
          there is no one who does good,
          no, not one.

Have they no knowledge, those evildoers,
          who eat up my people as they eat bread,
          and do not call upon God?

There they shall be in great terror,
          in terror such as has not been.
          For God will scatter the bones of the ungodly;
          they will be put to shame, for God has rejected them.

O that deliverance for Israel would come from Zion!
          When God restores the fortunes of his people,
          Jacob will rejoice; Israel will be glad.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Uh. Yeah. What's wrong with newspaper articles? They are fantastically more reliable than a survey. Nobody tries to evaluate body counts using a survey. All they stated is that 20 percent had someone in their family die.

They probably did the stupid thing and then stated that, therefore, 20 percent of Iraq must have died. Uh, no. Math doesn't work that way. Say that we start from the principle of Kevin Bacon, where people are at most 6 jumps away from anyone else. Their contacts will go up with square of the sample. Say you get 2 people, they will have 4 contacts, and so on and so forth.

20 percent of Iraqis is about 2 million people. If we're assuming by family they mean, say 8 people and not counting extended family, that would be 2^8, or about 256 permutations. That, taken over the entire population gives us, ta da, about 80k. Same as all the actual sources.

You've been a victim of ****ty math.
            You are a victim of ****ty logic, a ****ty argument and no sources. Oh and newspapers don't report all the casualties. They often go by newswires by people not even in the country.

And no, they are not more reliable than the epidemiological study I posted, which is infinitely more credible than Iraqi body count and your stupid ass.

You are a fool and did you even take math in college? I bet not. Religious history degrees don't require much math.

Your third paragraph on math is just stupid. Did you even take any math classes? I am sorry, moron... You have no sources. And your math is utter garbage.

So keep it up, you pompous ****.

You can't even admit when you are wrong. You are using the same stupid style argument here that you used with regards to mass shootings. I presented a source, and you didn't present ****.

So your argument is discarded. You have absolutely no basis to discredit the study I posted. No basis at all, except your ignorant rantings. You don't have background in this subject, you don't have any background in the middle east or in international affairs as a whole. This is my field. You stick to that dusty ancient fiction book of yours.
            Last edited by Giancarlo; October 18, 2016, 20:46.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              USA bombed serbian children
              usa leadership hasn't known bondage either
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

also, i'm not a racist and wouldn't care if it was serbian/chinese/french/arab/your children
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Unsubstantiated by Western sources, and the title is misleading, but at the very least it's inspiring: some of the residents are making trouble from the inside. A couple of patrols may have been ambushed, and some hotheads stormed a post, cacked two guards, burned a vehicle, and raised the Iraqi flag before retreating. It's no fun to be the man.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    Unsubstantiated by Western sources, and the title is misleading, but at the very least it's inspiring: some of the residents are making trouble from the inside. A couple of patrols may have been ambushed, and some hotheads stormed a post, cacked two guards, burned a vehicle, and raised the Iraqi flag before retreating. It's no fun to be the man.
                    Yea I discussed that briefly... Daesh (I will never call them ISIS) has seen several senior leaders killed, but I've heard Daesh retaliated quite harshly.

Comment

they are not more reliable than the epidemiological study
                      Uh. Ok. Better go hit the dictionary, BAM.

You are a fool and did you even take math in college?
                      Yes. Did you? I wager I've done more math than you have.

Comment

Uh. Ok. Better go hit the dictionary, BAM.

Yes. Did you? I wager I've done more math than you have.
                        Coming from the biggest idiot on here who provides absolutely nothing... that's rich.

You've done zero math. You are a religious history major.

You're a complete moron. That's already been established. Keep in mind, I have three degrees. You? Barely one from a half rate institution. You're an uneducated buffoon.

Comment

Oh wait... he'll bring up that "science" degree he never even started.

I'm 100% certain I've taken more math than this fool. But then again this is the same guy who made stupid claims about mass shootings. He also said gay men make more than straight men (Ben math!).

You can almost look at him and say "whatever he says is completely opposite of the reality!".

Comment

I couldn't be bothered to read more than the first few posts of this drivel, but Ben once again you're an idiot. The troop withdrawal was signed by Bush.

The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. combat forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E...rces_Agreement

Comment

And nobody here is surprised.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

@Ben: Obviously if Obama had actually over-ridden that agreement (and the will of the Iraqi people) and ordered in more troops, you'd now be whining about how he was a warmonger and if he'd just followed Bush's agreement everything would have been ok. *****.

Comment

Working...
                                X