No announcement yet.

Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identity invested in skepticism and critical thinking.
    You cannot form an identity on negation, Lorizael.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
      Ah Jezus, Whaleboy. That guy nearly burnt down a Wetherspoons during a Poly meet.
      In fairness there are worse things to happen to a Wetherspoons.

Comment

• Looks like Clinton got a significant bounce - call it a net +2 for her.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Ah Jezus, Whaleboy. That guy nearly burnt down a Wetherspoons during a Poly meet.
          I miss mothboy.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            Looks like Clinton got a significant bounce - call it a net +2 for her.
            More like the dumpster took a dip.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's turning into more than a 2+ bump. It looks like it'll either be 4-8% depending on the poll, and I suspect it will increase. The funny thing is the only poll that has him leading is +2% from LA Times, but the rest range from 3%-9% in Hillary's favor... with most in the upper range. I don't know why the LA Times one is such an outlier, but it must be said the same poll had Trump at +7% just a few days ago. Turns out the firestorm over Trump insulting the family of the soldier that died has hurt him... idiot should have never said he made sacrifices too. Dumpster has never sacrificed anything, besides from jobs in companies he destroyed. In fact I think those remarks really have hurt him more than the democrats solid performance at the convention. Even John McCain has joined a number of republicans who have directly criticized him.

"It threatens to hurt Trump’s standing among voters he has been aggressively pursuing: those who aren’t fans of Democrat Hillary Clinton and who hold doubts about her record on national security. The standoff has also frayed Trump’s already delicate alliance with GOP leaders."

I think insulting a soldier who sacrificed his life to save others was really a bridge too far. The problem here is unlike previous remarks this one seems to be sticking and has offended quite a few voters who would never have voted for Hillary. This is why he seems to be faltering in various polls. Trump has done this before to McCain, but this time it clearly is different. I could see quite a few of these voters fleeing to Gary Johnson or simply not voting at all.

Also using everyone's favorite RCP... Clinton has started to improve her favorability ratings... now in the mid 40s, while Trump has slid into the lower 30s. The latest Economist poll shows Hillary with a 44% favorable rating and Trump with a 64% unfavorable rating. She seems to be doing something right now.

By the way... look up Trump and his five military deferments. One for a minor medical issue that few others would have received... but Trump's dad had money.
              Last edited by Giancarlo; August 2, 2016, 09:46.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I must add I think some GOP voters who may have went to Trump, are now having buyers remorse. They basically bought a used car with a **** transmission. No matter how much you dress it up, it still is a piece of **** lol. You can put a huge spoiler and ugly muffler on it... Won't change anything.

Trump really is the definition of a lemon. Looks like one too... Or a rotten orange.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Bibs sez Trump is warning of the election being rigged and calls Clinton the devil:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump suggests that the election could be "rigged", as he calls Hillary Clinton "the devil".

Let's see if he returns to the "rigged" claim in case he wins.

I'm kinda unsure about the devil thing tho. First off I never heard of Clinton being named as being with the forces of hell before. Also, I thought it was established that Obama and the EU are the antichrist?!? Or is the antichrist and the devil diffferent guys? Then it could be possible.
                  Blah

Comment

• Many people are the devil and Antichrist. I thought Dubya was one... Check out the picture of him wearing a ring... some say the ring from the Lord of the Rings lol. Preccciiiiouussss..!

I think Trump is Lord Sauron himself.
                    Last edited by Giancarlo; August 2, 2016, 14:26.

Comment

• With less than 100 days left until the election, both conservative and liberal pundits are wondering about the real estate mogul's mental health.

Lol or just clinically insane... This article states the obvious.

Comment

• Well, fivethirtyeight is showing an absurdly large upswing for Clinton today. So I guess we can all rest easy knowing that our predictors are once again aligned.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• It seems to have taken a while but she did get a larger post convention bump than Trump. Let us see how secure that bump ends up being because I can remember both Gore and Kerry being ahead of Bush a few months put from election day but both still lost.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                            I think Trump is Lord Sauron himself.
                            That would imply he was actually cunning and smart. He's a showman huckster, and nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              It seems to have taken a while but she did get a larger post convention bump than Trump. Let us see how secure that bump ends up being because I can remember both Gore and Kerry being ahead of Bush a few months put from election day but both still lost.
                              Well, Kerry lost.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                It seems to have taken a while but she did get a larger post convention bump than Trump. Let us see how secure that bump ends up being because I can remember both Gore and Kerry being ahead of Bush a few months put from election day but both still lost.
                                Trump is even getting criticized by the Palins. Lots of nonsense he said in the past was let go, but this whole issue seems to have snowballed. I don't think Hillary bounce was just the convention. Several republicans have denounced Trump and a few went as far as endorsing Hillary. Meg Whitman is one example, but there are others.

The Hewlett Packard chief and Republican fund-raiser said Mrs. Clinton had reached out to her about a month ago, one of the first indications that the Democratic nominee is courting Republican leaders.

This election and country isn't anything like the 2000 or 2004 elections.

Even the people Trump hires are total idiots:

A Donald Trump spokesperson just got caught trying to blame Barack Obama for something he couldn’t possibly have had anything to do with, and Twitter is not letting her live it down.

I think the last few days snowballing like this is having lasting damage on his campaign. These comments offended a lot of people who may have even voted for him.
                                Last edited by Giancarlo; August 3, 2016, 09:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X