No announcement yet.

Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not like the pope came out and said, it isn't a sin. Or that we should afford them access to all the sacraments. All he said was don't be a dick, and treat them as you would treat others, with love. Which as a christian, you shouldn't even have to say because its one of your main features. The golden rule and all that.
    So how is driving out of your way to go to a Christian bakery and insisting that they bake you a cake for your homosexual wedding 'loving' your neighbor? How is reporting them and taking them to court where they are fined 135k 'loving your neighbor.

Cause I sure don't see a whole lot of love there.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Because they have a ****ty lawyer? I'm not sure they even had a lawyer or if they were representing themselves.
      When you don't know, just make something up. Typical.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        The people who went out of their way to target Christian businesses? Hey, if they want to play that game, two can play it.
        As usual... just making stuff up... NO PROOF, just you speaking ****.
        The FACTS are clear... some bigoted bakers discriminated against a gay couple. They BROKE THE LAW and paid the price.
        Those are the FACTS.

And, your response isn't very Christian... as would be expected from a Bigot like you.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• When you don't know, just make something up. Typical.
          Tell me, rah, would you be loving your Jewish neighbor if you went up to him and asked him to bake a cake for you with a swatstika?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• The FACTS are clear... some bigoted bakers discriminated against a gay couple. They BROKE THE LAW and paid the price.
            Those are the FACTS.
            Indeed, the facts are very clear that there is a bakery that bills itself as a 'liberated' bakery that I'm sure not only would be happy to supply a cake, but would actually specialize in catering these events.

I can't see how there was any harm done in telling these folks to walk a little further down the street to a bakery that will be happy to do the job. You know, in the real world where people try to accommodate one another rather than trying to curbstomp others.

Comment

• Did the pope tell you to ask a Jewish neighbor to bake a cake for you with a swastika?
              No. So what's your point?
              On the other hand, if the pope told me to bake the cake with the swastika. I would.
              So think about that the next time you claim you're a better catholic than me.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're right. The constitution in the 1st and 8th supercedes state laws.
                The Constitution in either of those amendments agrees with your stupid hateful viewpoints. You know.. It would actually help if you would read the Constitution for once.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Tell me, rah, would you be loving your Jewish neighbor if you went up to him and asked him to bake a cake for you with a swatstika?
                  Red herring. Learn how to stay on subject.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Red herring. Learn how to stay on subject.
                    Well, then. Answer the question, Giancarlo.

Comment

• Did the pope tell you to ask a Jewish neighbor to bake a cake for you with a swastika?
                      No. So what's your point?
                      On the other hand, if the pope told me to bake the cake with the swastika. I would.
                      So think about that the next time you claim you're a better catholic than me.
                      That wasn't the question, rah. Am I loving my Jewish neighbor if I go up to his bakery and demand that he bake me a cake with a swatstika?

Comment

Indeed, the facts are very clear that there is a bakery that bills itself as a 'liberated' bakery that I'm sure not only would be happy to supply a cake, but would actually specialize in catering these events.

I can't see how there was any harm done in telling these folks to walk a little further down the street to a bakery that will be happy to do the job. You know, in the real world where people try to accommodate one another rather than trying to curbstomp others.
                        The fact that there other bakers changes nothing. You know, in the real world, it's called discrimination.

And by the way, the large fine you keep complaining about wasn't due to the actual fact of not baking the cake...

Of note, the state levied the judgment against them not based on the actual discriminatory actions of refusing service but due to the intentional infliction of emotional distress through harassment and intimidation they initiated by publishing the lesbian couple’s private information on the internet for their followers to use engage in harassment and threats of violence.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That wasn't the question, rah. Am I loving my Jewish neighbor if I go up to his bakery and demand that he bake me a cake with a swatstika?
                          And that's not what the pope said to do, so what's the point and what difference would my answer make?

The pope told you to bake the cake. Seems pretty simple and straightforward to me.

Bake the cake.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Of note, the state levied the judgment against them not based on the actual discriminatory actions of refusing service but due to the intentional infliction of emotional distress through harassment and intimidation they initiated by publishing the lesbian couple’s private information on the internet for their followers to use engage in harassment and threats of violence.
                            Ben's brand of christians.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, then. Answer the question, Giancarlo.
                              Why do you like being slapped around?

It has happened so many times in this thread.

I am still chuckling about the comment you made about gay men making more. You won't even talk about that anymore.

It just shows you are an impulsive liar.

Comment

• Why do you like being slapped around?
                                It's a simple question, Giancarlo. I'm amused you cannot answer it. Because in your heart you know I'm right about it. You cannot argue that Christians should be forced to bake cakes and cater a homosexual wedding while at the same time argue that a Jewish man could deny baking an anti-Semitic cake.

This is why freedom of association is so important. What you want is to have your cake and eat it too - the ability to shut down speech, and religions you don't like while at the same time preserving privileges that you believe you are entitled to.

Laws, (and rights), do not work that way. Eroding the right of a businessman to run his business isn't going to help you in the long run. Soon, you will be dealing with people that don't give a tinker's damn about the law and the funny thing will be when you wake up and realize that you have no power here.

Comment

Working...
                                X