No announcement yet.

Euro 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what the terms 'wideout striker', 'ball carrier' or indeed 'turnover' have to do with football. I can only assume you're discussing a different sport.

I'd wager I've actually played more games on the pitch in my life than you have.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

the commentator returns

Gudmundur Benediktsson, whose commentary from his team’s victory against Austria last week went viral online, has done it again with a memorably ecstatic reaction to Iceland’s 2-1 win against England

Comment

Steve Mcclaren Sky Sports Analyst confident that England has everything under control

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

I'd wager I've actually played more games on the pitch in my life than you have.
          You'd likely lose that wager. I've also been a very hardcore club fan for the last 36 years, so yes I can very clearly say those terms are meaningless over here. The correct assumption of course, is that Canadians just have different terms for things than their Euro cousins, but of course you being you, you needed to try and make yourself sound better at something.

It's amazing how your stories never involve you just having been somewhere or on the edges of something, its always you being a big success and how important you were. It's very telling psychologically.

Comment

“From the fury of the Norsemen, good Lord, deliver us”
            Blah

Comment

You'd likely lose that wager. I've also been a very hardcore club fan for the last 36 years, so yes I can very clearly say those terms are meaningless over here. The correct assumption of course, is that Canadians just have different terms for things than their Euro cousins, but of course you being you, you needed to try and make yourself sound better at something.
              Apparently it makes you happier trying to bring other people down. I see no reason to be ashamed when it's all true. We did go undefeated one year. That was pretty cool. I remember the feeling when we walked off the pitch champions. I remember the big party after! One of the best days of my life. We had lost the year prior when our right defense (I was on the other side), went down and we just couldn't hold up. They cracked us scoring twice from down 1-0 and knocked us out. That game hit me especially hard because for the first time I had to carry the defense, and I failed.

The year after we went undefeated.

Should I lie and say that I was on terrible teams? I never said I was the star. I was a cog in a very well tuned machine. After they broke us up I was the primary defender on my new squad and we won it all the year later. I even scored the championship goal that year - off a corner that hit my leg and went in. Pure dumb luck.

Still counted though. Only goal I scored all year.
              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; June 28, 2016, 23:29.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Apparently it makes you happier trying to bring other people down. I see no reason to be ashamed when it's all true. We did go undefeated one year. That was pretty cool. I remember the feeling when we walked off the pitch champions. I remember the big party after! One of the best days of my life. We had lost the year prior when our right defense (I was on the other side), went down and we just couldn't hold up. They cracked us scoring twice from down 1-0 and knocked us out. That game hit me especially hard because for the first time I had to carry the defense, and I failed.

The year after we went undefeated.

Should I lie and say that I was on terrible teams? I never said I was the star. I was a cog in a very well tuned machine. After they broke us up I was the primary defender on my new squad and we won it all the year later. I even scored the championship goal that year - off a corner that hit my leg and went in. Pure dumb luck.

Still counted though. Only goal I scored all year.
                It's just that after years of telling us how appalling your upbringing was, and how everyone discriminated against you at every turn, and how you had it just as bad as the civil rights blacks in America, its a little discordant to now hear how you were a member of a successful sports team.

Comment

he must have been the only sports guy not able to "score"

Comment

Wales

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

its a little discordant to now hear how you were a member of a successful sports team.
                      Why? I'm not the demon you've made me out to be.

Comment

When Das germanishe Strumpfhtrüpfchen scored the first goal I expected it to be all over, but then a kraut used a hand instead of his head an the spagettis was back.

18 penalty kicks to decide it

I wont be surprised if the final will be between Wales and Iceland.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

All players playing in the premier league have missed penalties in this shootout, the main Italian error was they sent more of them to shoot.

It had to be an epic error of judgement like this to seal first historical win of Germans over Italians in a live match.
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Hard to argue against the French victory but Iceland went down fighting - with a little luck two-three chances could have gone in (and of course the missing penalty for hands ) .

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Throw in from the bottom quarter of the pitch, is an Icelandic penalty.

If they were just a little bit more careful at the back, it would have been 2:1 again.

Two goals from Giroud, also goals from Payet and Griezmann were entirely avoidable. (first was a careless off-side trap, Payet goal was nice, but no block, Griezmann - tricked them and the second Giroud goal was another lapse of concentration - by the goalkeeper this time around)

The only unavoidable goal was Pogba smashing that header in.

Comment

Wales is done for now.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X