No announcement yet.

Euro 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won using a formation that died out around 1920?
    We sure did. We played it like Bayern did awhile back. Moved the Left and Right fullbacks up as far as we could to draw offsides. That way we kept all the pressure in the other end and we'd inevitably score. We just had the talent to run the system. We had an excellent Wideout striker who was the best scorer, and we had two extremely good midfielders especially our central midfield who could cover both ends if need be. I really didn't have that much to do other than not turning the ball over, clearing it down the line if I got it either to the wideout striker or left midfield. Pretty much everytime. So long as the ball was in the other end, somewhere, we were ok. I usually challenged the ball carrier at around the half, if I got beat, I had time to recover and block whatever shot. If I didn't we'd regain possession.

Most important thing was the no turnovers and making sure that the ball got as deep down the field as I could push it.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

'we had jumpers for goalposts...'
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I have a feeling that due to Brexit England will finally play above their capacity and win this tournament.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Also, as predicted, in a poor game we are out. Portugal #1 just does not suit us and #2 it was relatively easy to expose our mafia appointed manager.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

North Ireland vs Wales was teh boring.

Only joined for the last ca. 30 mins and it was kind of a pain to watch. When I thought this would go into extra time I did other stuff -to find out later that I missed the last-minute decision. I was not surprised to learn that it came by own goal.
            Blah

Comment

Good match croatia vs portugal but unfortunately history repeated itself

Comment

Too many waffles, and that's the result

plus, that speaker got fired. for shame

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post

Comment

He sounds like a greek forced to pay his taxes...
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

van en kale kip is het onmogelijk plukken

Comment

The evil spaniards are OUT
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

ISLAND!

:woo:

ISLAND!

Forced Brexit from Euro'16!
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Well - congrats Iceland, if England had to go out, at least Iceland did it, and in regular time It's a better deal than usual.

Comment

It's the beards!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                We sure did. We played it like Bayern did awhile back. Moved the Left and Right fullbacks up as far as we could to draw offsides. That way we kept all the pressure in the other end and we'd inevitably score. We just had the talent to run the system. We had an excellent Wideout striker who was the best scorer, and we had two extremely good midfielders especially our central midfield who could cover both ends if need be. I really didn't have that much to do other than not turning the ball over, clearing it down the line if I got it either to the wideout striker or left midfield. Pretty much everytime. So long as the ball was in the other end, somewhere, we were ok. I usually challenged the ball carrier at around the half, if I got beat, I had time to recover and block whatever shot. If I didn't we'd regain possession.

Most important thing was the no turnovers and making sure that the ball got as deep down the field as I could push it.
                                I have no idea what the terms 'wideout striker', 'ball carrier' or indeed 'turnover' have to do with football. I can only assume you're discussing a different sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X