Euro 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What thoughts are to be had?

I do not think that there is such a blatantly open mafia boss in world football. The good thing is that there is no need for murder, they get the job done without it, but bribery, intimidation, racketeering etc... openly. Protected by politics on one side (by the party which was in power for 19 years since 1990) and by UEFA/FIFA on the other. When our former government (not in cahoots with Mamic family) tried to take him out, UEFA came in and "forbid" governmental involvement in football with the threat of kicking us out of all competitions.

He spent a bit of time in prison, paid few million £ in bail, and runs it all again, but it is not totally clear how will it end, as on the last elections in Nov his party won, but barely, so that government just fell. In case they lose again - in coming September elections, Mamic reign may be over (combined with the change of guard in FIFA/UEFA), but I wouldn't bet on it until I see it happen.

For Portugal - they may not have a team which plays well together right now, but they are a very poor fit for us. While we can beat them, I think the odds are in their favour.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Jesus Christ, Ireland just beat Italy and qualified!

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Hope you guys hammer Portugal btw, bunch of snide ***** they are.

Comment

Zlatanistan is out

PS. I know it's a bit unfair - he is a good player.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

If he selected to play for us way back, he would still be in.

Comment

And still be the best the next 20 years
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You can take England out of that list. I expect Iceland are better.
                  We shall see. Both are undefeated.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

BK, aren't you supposed to be a wannabe Texan and despise "soccur"?
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1012928-galleryV9-hhou-1012928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	9102337
                      Blah

Comment

BK, aren't you supposed to be a wannabe Texan and despise "soccur"?
                        Hmm? I played recreational soccer when I was younger. Played for five years before I got hurt and decided it wasn't worth continuing on with the sport. Tore both Achilles tendons in the same year, one after the other.

Played left fullback in a 2-3-5. Two Northern championships back to back, One year we went undefeated, and they broke up our team after we beat the 'all stars' (well, the all-stars minus our players). The powers that be figured if we could beat the best of all the other teams, combined plus the 'best' coach, we had to be broken apart. My new team won the next year.
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; June 23, 2016, 09:35.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                          And still be the best the next 20 years
                          As if that will not be the case in Sweden?

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]178286[/ATTACH]
                            The beard is strong

new bjork song
                            Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                            Last edited by Bereta_Eder; June 23, 2016, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                              Aye - we win the group and as a reward we got Portugal. Played them three times so far, lost all three. It is exactly the team that suits us the least historically.
                              Mess up ronaldo's hairdo at the beggining of the game, he's become a psychological wreck

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Hmm? I played recreational soccer when I was younger. Played for five years before I got hurt and decided it wasn't worth continuing on with the sport. Tore both Achilles tendons in the same year, one after the other.

Played left fullback in a 2-3-5. Two Northern championships back to back, One year we went undefeated, and they broke up our team after we beat the 'all stars' (well, the all-stars minus our players). The powers that be figured if we could beat the best of all the other teams, combined plus the 'best' coach, we had to be broken apart. My new team won the next year.
                                You won using a formation that died out around 1920?

Comment

Working...
                                X