No announcement yet.

So how long will Ben last this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every post proves my point. You're just precious.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Kid has given you two logic fails in a row...
      So he must think he was wrong twice!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The simple fact is that US law and culture at that time (1790) was racist and misogynist. That you can't just accept that simple, obvious truth shows clearly how you are yourself racist and misogynist.
        Then why doesn't the US constitution say the same?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Aeson, what do you say to the point that the Constitution allowed the states to specifically grant women right, and some states did so in quick order?
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Aeson, what do you say to the point that the Constitution allowed the states to specifically grant women right, and some states did so in quick order?
            Granting unequal rights by gender is by definition sexist. The constitution did not give equal voting rights to women until 1920.

Most states didnt allow it, and the state to allow it longest was New Jersey which stopped allowing it in 1807. The next time a territory allowed women to vote was Wyoming in 1869.

So there's really no way to spin society or law as a whole, or even the Constitution, as not misogynist in that timeframe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Then why doesn't the US constitution say the same?
              For the same reason you dont say you're racist and misogynist, even though you are.

Simple fact is that slavery of blacks was allowed, and that voting rights were based on race and gender. That is by definition racism and sexism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                Granting unequal rights by gender is by definition sexist. The constitution did not give equal voting rights to women until 1920.

Most states didnt allow it, and the state to allow it longest was New Jersey which stopped allowing it in 1807. The next time a territory allowed women to vote was Wyoming in 1869.

So there's really no way to spin society or law as a whole, or even the Constitution, as not misogynist in that timeframe.
                If the Constitution gave the authority to the states to grant suffrage to women then how is it not the states responsibility?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  If the Constitution gave the authority to the states to grant suffrage to women then how is it not the states responsibility?
                  It is the states' responsibility and the US Constitutions responsibility for not protecting womens' rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    It is the states' responsibility and the US Constitutions responsibility for not protecting womens' rights.
                    Technically not sexist then, because they didn't protect men's rights either. Only property owners could vote.

Comment

• The bigotry, if you want to call it that, is against the uneducated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        The fact that I'm saved and will not go to hell because of them?
                        I wouldn't make any bets on that, skippy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson
                          I didn't specify a timeframe. There are many instances of royal incestuous relationships throughout history.
                          Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Not in Europe. You are aware that for most of medieval Europe that the Pope forbade anything more than 4th order consanguinity?
                          Historical expert Ben is of course correct, there were absolutely no instances of incestuous relationships in European monarchies! Well except for Antoinette Marie of Wuerttemberg who married Ernst I. of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha who just happened to be her uncle, or Philipp II who married Anna of Austria who was his neice, as did Archduke Charles II of Austria-Innerösterreich and Philip IV.

I'd list more of these these uncle/neice & nephew/aunt marraiges but they happened so often it would quickly get boring.

The popes of the time rarely had any problems with issuing papal dispensations for such things.

Comment

• Donations have traditionally always worked wonders.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Amazing how that works.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• For the same reason you dont say you're racist and misogynist, even though you are.

Simple fact is that slavery of blacks was allowed, and that voting rights were based on race and gender. That is by definition racism and sexism.
                                That's an argument for society being racist at the time, but that's not an argument for the constitution.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X