So how long will Ben last this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meh, who cares.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I feel bad for Aeson because he responds to Ben.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        And so were most men. If the franchise were sexist why did it bar men too?
        The simple fact is that women were not allowed to vote because of their gender. It is by definition sexist.

No, it's not true.
        There are plenty of examples of royal incestuous marriages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          I feel bad for Aeson because he responds to Ben.
          Some people respond to Ben, some people hold similar prejudices as Ben and Kid in regards to Muslims. We all have our faults ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            The simple reality is that women could not vote for over a century because they were women.

Men who weren't allowed to vote were not disallowed because of their gender.
            Women weren't disallowed because of their gender either. They were disallowed because they were uneducated, just like the men who didn't have the right to vote.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Some people respond to Ben, some people hold similar prejudices as Ben and Kid in regards to Muslims. We all have our faults ...
              Islam is a religion that encourages it's followers to terrorize non-believers. Why are you not against that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                Islam is a religion that encourages it's followers to terrorize non-believers. Why are you not against that?
                Christians want to cram their religion/morals down non-believers throats. Why are you not against that?
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                  Christians want to cram their religion/morals down non-believers throats. Why are you not against that?
                  First of all, that's non-sense, and propaganda that just keeps getting repeated. Second, this country war founded on Christian principles which are good for a society.

Comment

Women weren't disallowed because of their gender either. They were disallowed because they were uneducated, just like the men who didn't have the right to vote.
                    Women were denied the vote specifically based on their gender for over a century. All your misogynist apologism can't change that blindingly obvious fact.

Comment

First of all, that's non-sense, and propaganda that just keeps getting repeated. Second, this country war founded on Christian principles which are good for a society.
                      Yeah... tell that to all the people that have died in abortion clinic shootings and bombings.
                      You can argue the case of abortion all you want, but it is legal in this country.
                      Bombing clinics and shooting people at clinics is terrorism.

It is not propaganda, it is fact.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have many Muslim friends and hundreds of aquaintances. Not a single one has tried to terrorize me, even though I am not Muslim.

Your stereotypes show your failings as a person, and arent good for much else.

Comment

• All of my Muslim friends have always spoken out against the radical elements. Much like most of my Catholic friends have spoken out against their radical elements.
                          I see no difference.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Women were denied the vote specifically based on their gender for over a century. All your misogynist apologism can't change that blindingly obvious fact.
                            So it's misogyny to defend the Constitution, which is the foundation of our law? You've now stepped into an new frontier.

Women were denied the right to vote because of their gender after each state passed laws granting white men suffrage regardless of social status. That's when women were discriminated specifically because of their gender. At that time there was no large movement for universal suffrage. So that explains why there was no law passed. But when the movement for universal suffrage became more popular women were granted universal suffrage. That's how democracy works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              Yeah... tell that to all the people that have died in abortion clinic shootings and bombings.
                              You can argue the case of abortion all you want, but it is legal in this country.
                              Bombing clinics and shooting people at clinics is terrorism.

It is not propaganda, it is fact.
                              The Bible does not tell people to bomb clinics. The Koran tells people to terrorize non-believers. That's why you see much more terrorism in Islam. Your argument can be equated to telling people not to be prejudice against KKK members, well because everyone is a little prejudice anyway.

Comment

• But when the movement for universal suffrage became more popular women were granted universal suffrage. That's how democracy works.
                                That's like saying that blacks weren't given the right to vote because there was no movement for them to get that right.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X