Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Uh, I did ask her if it were ok.
    Let's be clear: Did you get general permission to use the account, or were specific conditions mentioned? Because using it to your support specific political viewpoints, which would then be associated with her name, does not strike me as "having a bit of fun at Apolyton's expense."

The fact that her message states:
    I'm sorry for all the BS that has been posted in my name"
    ...would seem to indicate that that you abused the privilege granted.

IMHO.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Mhmm, except I'm a Never Trump.
      Didn't say you support Trump. (In fact, who you support is immaterial until you can vote in the US.)

But creating a fake third party to create the illusion of support for your POV is one of Trump's hallmark propaganda techniques.
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Uh, I did ask her if it were ok.
        Did you ask if it was OK about the subject matter or simply if you could use her log in for your kind of fun?
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Happy late one year anniversary. It is a shame you quit the site. It got interesting for a while when Fez came back and turned out to be just as crazy as always but not super left wing and gay.
          Oh, he was still quite thoroughly gay (I assume you mean "not super right wing"). Basically, he was a slightly feistier version of MrFun--an immigrant who stole MrFun's job, as a Trumpist would put it. Not all that exciting, in any case.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I don't know, some people consider gay sex pretty exciting
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Did you get general permission to use the account, or were specific conditions mentioned? Because using it to your support specific political viewpoints, which would then be associated with her name, does not strike me as "having a bit of fun at Apolyton's expense."
              This is the first I've heard from her on her particular viewpoints on this issue, which is why I apologized. That was news to me. I did not know where she stood. I hadn't asked her and she hadn't told me. I had no intention of expressing ideas contrary to her viewpoints when I did not know what her views were.

To be clear, when Nik told me what was going on, I asked how he wanted to tell Apolyton. There was a registration error, I think it was Le instead of La Fiancee. He told me about that, and that's what got the ball rolling. Astrid decided to use the La Fiancee account rather than the Le Fiancée account. All three of us thought it would be funny if I used the Le Fiancee account.

The intent was never to express ideas under her name, the intent was always to take advantage of the fact that nobody (at the time) knew that Nik was engaged and have some fun there. Once he announced it to Apolyton, there wasn't any point to me using either account and so I haven't used either one.

Anyways I am very sorry for all of this.
              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 22, 2016, 20:53.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Did you get general permission to use the account, or were specific conditions mentioned?
                General permission was given. Nikolai did speak to me after about a year ago and, we agreed that it was best not to use the account for that. And so I haven't.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

In other words... you had no clue about her views and you didn't even bother to ask before you spoke for her.

What a pond scum.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

At least he didn't do it for a year. A couple of typical Ben threads with another name on them. Ho-hum.

Comment

I'm not sure what's wrong about talking to someone, and quietly resolving things to everyone's satisfaction.

Comment

If she doesn't want to refer to herself by her real name, don't refer to me by my real name.
                        You chose long ago to reveal your real name.

Comment

I'm not sure what's wrong about talking to someone, and quietly resolving things to everyone's satisfaction.
                          Gee... after the fact... Not before like a real person would have. Instead, you just played your silly games not caring at all about other people.
                          Pretty typical for you...
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

This is soem pretty serious internet buisness, you guise.

Reminds me of Forumwarz back in it's prime. Somebody pretended to be me on Skype and had some fun with the 2nd in command of my klan (who was oblivious that it wasn't me.) I still don't know what they talked about.

Ahh... the good ol days.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              Oh, he was still quite thoroughly gay (I assume you mean "not super right wing"). Basically, he was a slightly feistier version of MrFun--an immigrant who stole MrFun's job, as a Trumpist would put it. Not all that exciting, in any case.
                              I suspect Oerdin's error was in saying "not super left wing" when he meant "now super left wing." Still an error, but more representative of Oerdin's typing skills.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You chose long ago to reveal your real name.
                                If you're going to use my real name, and address me in public I'm going to use yours and respond to you in public. Simple.

If you don't want me to respond to you publicly by calling you your real name there's a 'PM' button by which one is perfectly free to avail oneself. Or call me "BK", "Ben Kenobi", etc.

This isn't difficult.

Comment

Working...
                                X