Irish Marriage Equality Referendum Draws Near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So marriage does exist?
    I'm claiming it does and that it means one man and one woman for life, despite what the 'reformers' might say.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      The Irish have always been pushed around by bigger people. Odd to see an Englishman forcing their values on Ireland.
      What? I thought it is going to be a refererendum of all eligible voters in Ireland, not a referendum of Cockney.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

the irish holding a referendum = the english forcing their values on them.
        Popery didn't starve them.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I'm claiming it does and that it means one man and one woman for life, despite what the 'reformers' might say.
          Aaah, soo if I claim that 'taxes' means you giving me all your cash, you will do so?
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

i do love the nonsense this subject forces you to spout.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Not sure what gay marriage has to do with the Great Famine, but then again I didn't major in History.

Comment

Then you're not really arguing for equality, if you believe that married and unmarried people are already equal. You're arguing for special rights.
                No.

At worst, legal gay marriage applies to everyone... even you and other pedosexuals.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Technically, Phytophthora infestans did. Also, I like how the famine is somehow the english's fault, but people dying from lack of healthcare in the US are not for the government to care.

Also, no, popery left several hundred poor kids dead and thrown into pits, and countless more abused by priests who weren't even prosecuted for this.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

i do love the nonsense this subject forces you to spout.
                    What nonsense? You blame Irish troubles on the Church which is on par for the English. Rather than looking at the truth which is that the Catholic church has served Ireland well. I suppose you'd rather blame too many Irish for the Famine that culled them, eh?

Comment

I like how the famine is somehow the english's fault, but people dying from lack of healthcare in the US are not for the government to care.
                      I believe they called it the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland at the time.

Comment

At worst, legal gay marriage applies to everyone... even you and other pedosexuals
                        So you're ok with discrimination as it applies to marriage then. Why should some relationships be excluded?

Comment

Children are excluded from marriage because they can't exercise consent... duh.

Comment

I believe they called it the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland at the time.
                            Yes. So either a government is responsible for private individuals' healths and livelyhoods, or it isn't. Chose one.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

So you're ok with discrimination as it applies to marriage then. Why should some relationships be excluded?
                              Two consenting adults can get married. Three consenting adults can't. A person who can exercise consen't can't marry any entity who can't (be it a child, an animal, or a potted plant). It's not very hard.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Children are excluded from marriage because they can't exercise consent... duh.
                                At what age do you believe that children can consent to sex?

Comment

Working...
                                X