No announcement yet.

Lori has a roommate problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you spoken to the second roommate? If it is the first room mate, the one you spoke to this moring, who is home then knock on his door and speak to him. You need to stop avoiding the issue and resolve it. Talk frankly about how much money he has and when he can pay it. Everyone knows they have to help pay for utilities yet they have been taking advantage of your avoident behavior to get out of paying their share. You have to change and you need to keep bringing it up until they pay.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Nothing more to say here except perhaps you need to corner these two guys and find out which one is taking utility X in their name and get the other legacy to do the same.

Then it's a shared responsibility again. The house meeting sounds like a great idea as well.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

House meeting really is the best way.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Confronted one just now while he was eating breakfast. This is the one who has actually written me a check before. He was flustered, said he'd been busy with school, and that he'd "go through things" tonight and get back to me.
          You should have placed the severed head of the other on the table to emphasize your point.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Confronted the other. He seemed to imply that he would pay me when he moves out. I don't think I did this confrontation thing very well.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Go back and tell him you need the money now, and if he can pay you when he moves out, he can pay you now, and that the only reason for him to say that is that he won't pay you at all.

Make up some story. Say you're out of cash.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

That's more than enough uncomfortable social interaction for Lori for one day. Instead I'm going to ponder my hypocrisy by thinking about the thousands of dollars I owe to an annoyingly generous friend.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

he would pay me when he moves out. I don't think I did this confrontation thing very well.
                  Eh, he's gonna stiff you.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    That's more than enough uncomfortable social interaction for Lori for one day. Instead I'm going to ponder my hypocrisy by thinking about the thousands of dollars I owe to an annoyingly generous friend.
                    Come on man. Don't ***** out. Get your money.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

What he said. Bills are due monthly he can pay or gtfo.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I kind of wonder what went wrong with me sometimes. If I were my father, or even that brother of mine I don't get along with, this situation would be long since resolved. They are both perfectly fine with, uh, confronting strangers--sometimes quite vocally. And it's not always gone pleasantly for them, either; my brother has gone to jail because of his penchant for confronting strangers. But he still does it. I can be assertive and aggressive and angry in pretty much the exact same way, but not in public or with strangers.

Comment

Actually the biggest problem I see here is.

Because two previous roommates moved out last year prior to the end of the lease, I came to be responsible for two of the utilities (electricity, gas). Then, come August, two new roommates (who are friends) moved in.
                          That over half a year later you still consider them strangers. I know you're not an outgoing person but still. It does show how different people can be.

But anyway, congrats on at least confronting them. Take your break as a reward for doing it but don't rest too long. Go back an get final resolution. You've done the hard part already so it should be easier.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But anyway, congrats on at least confronting them. Take your break as a reward for doing it but don't rest too long. Go back an get final resolution. You've done the hard part already so it should be easier.
                            It's now May. Seems to me that both of them were hoping to roll over for another month and then bail.

Comment

Where do you find these people?

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I didn't find them. They answered an ad the landlord put out. They're also students at Maryland. Prior to these last two years, I have always lived with people I knew. When the ex and I broke up, my (good) brother had a friend of a friend who was looking for a roommate, so here I am. That friend of a friend is long gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X