No announcement yet.

UK General Election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why I suggested DUP- they're the bigots from Ulster.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• i expect that cameron would prefer to have the liberals as a buffer, to prevent a few tory rebels holding him hostage.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
        That's why I suggested DUP- they're the bigots from Ulster.
        Are they actually bigots or do they just not think that Ireland should be independent or possibly not believe in a welfare state?
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
          i expect that cameron would prefer to have the liberals as a buffer, to prevent a few tory rebels holding him hostage.
          I'd agree. But given the numbers suggested, UKIP will probably look to get a few right wing Tory MPs to defect nevertheless.

And if Clegg and Alexander lose their seats, it would make any coalition discussions interesting. "So who do we talk to?" says Cameron.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Are members of the cabinet required to sit in Parliament?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Are they actually bigots or do they just not think that Ireland should be independent or possibly not believe in a welfare state?
              Quotes from a founder

Memorable quotes from the former first minister and Democratic Unionist Party leader Ian Paisley who has died aged 88.

"Save Ulster from sodomy"
              "Line dancing is as sinful as any other type of dancing, with its sexual gestures and touching. It is an incitement to lust."
              "They breed like rabbits and multiply like vermin" - talking about Catholics

etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Are members of the cabinet required to sit in Parliament?
                Yes, as either MPs or Lords.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                  Quotes from a founder

Memorable quotes from the former first minister and Democratic Unionist Party leader Ian Paisley who has died aged 88.

"Save Ulster from sodomy"
                  "Line dancing is as sinful as any other type of dancing, with its sexual gestures and touching. It is an incitement to lust."
                  "They breed like rabbits and multiply like vermin" - talking about Catholics

etc...
                  Hmmm. Well, at least he didn't kill anyone like Gerry Adams right?

...right?

I feel like that might be too much to assume. Man, Northern Irish politics are awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                    I'd agree. But given the numbers suggested, UKIP will probably look to get a few right wing Tory MPs to defect nevertheless.

And if Clegg and Alexander lose their seats, it would make any coalition discussions interesting. "So who do we talk to?" says Cameron.
                    yes, i think you're right on both counts here. a lot will depend on the final numbers; i'd be very surprised if clegg lost his seat.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• according to the bbc there was another poll taken of those who voted

A YouGov opinion poll of 6,000 people who had voted painted a much brighter picture for Mr Miliband, putting Labour and Tories tied on 34% each, UKIP on 12%, Lib Dems on 10%, the SNP and Plaid Cymru on 5% and Greens on 4%.´

The survey was not an exit poll but was compiled by getting back in touch with people who had previously expressed a view to YouGov.

It was much closer to polling during the campaign, with a final poll of polls compiled by the Press Association putting Tories on 276 seats, Labour on 271, Lib Dems on 28, SNP 48, UKIP three and Greens one.
                      which would be a very different scenario. time will tell...

Comment

• Supposedly different exit polls are giving widely different results. Lib Dem seats anywhere between 10 and 30.

All that said, I'm waiting for Clegg to be given the sack.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• early results seem to suggest that the exit poll was accurate; labour have performed poorly and the lib dems have collapsed.

Comment

• Lib Dem seats anywhere between 10 and 30.
                            They barely won in Wales against an independent. So far they sit at 1. UKIP not strong enough to hurt the Conservatives, but Labor still ahead on the count. SNP dominating Scotland.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Lib Democrat up to 2!
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• 4 seats now. 1/3rd of the way there.

Comment

Working...
                                X