Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between ISIS fundies, and American religious-right fundies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He definitely is mistaken .... there were and are christian fundies who are willing to kill and die for their faith ....
    just think of the idiots who go and kill abortion doctors ... or the christian sect around David Koresh, who chose to die instead of surrendering to the siege of their sect home in Waco, 20 years ago ... or of Timothy McVeigh, whose Oklahoma City bombing was directly related to Waco.

I am definitely glad that idiots like these (who are willing to kill and die for their faith, like ISIS does) are rather the exception than the norm, even among christian fundies.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      When relatively large minorities of a group support executing people because of their sexuality and absolute majorities of the same group demand that sexual minorities be legally deprived of equal rights then I think it is very fair to say that group as a whole is culpable for the policies they support and enact.

There is no getting around the fact that evangelical groups caused these people to be killed, attacked in the streets, to be legally deprived of their basic human rights and all the other negative things which happened. Different strains of the flu might be more virulent than others but they are all still the flu, the same disease, and the world would definitely be a better place if that disease was stamped out. Extremist Christians... Extremist Muslims... One says gays should be killed but they don't want to do it themselves where as the other wants gays killed and is willing to do it themselves. It's the same disease of religious extremism just with different levels of virulence.
      Quite right! Death to the Christians!!!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I was thinking more of continually pointing out their hypocrisy and immortality so that fewer and fewer people care what they have to say hopefully causing them to be politically marginalized over time.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• He definitely is mistaken .... there were and are christian fundies who are willing to kill and die for their faith ....
          just think of the idiots who go and kill abortion doctors ... or the christian sect around David Koresh, who chose to die instead of surrendering to the siege of their sect home in Waco, 20 years ago ... or of Timothy McVeigh, whose Oklahoma City bombing was directly related to Waco.

I am definitely glad that idiots like these (who are willing to kill and die for their faith, like ISIS does) are rather the exception than the norm, even among christian fundies.
          Here's a question, Proteus, if we stack up all the Americans killed on American soil by islamists and compare it with the stack of Americans killed on American soil by Christians, which bucket is larger?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I was thinking more of continually pointing out their hypocrisy and immortality so that fewer and fewer people care what they have to say hopefully causing them to be politically marginalized over time.
            As an atheist, do you seriously believe that some Christian is going to kill you?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Here's a question, Proteus, if we stack up all the Americans killed on American soil by islamists and compare it with the stack of Americans killed on American soil by Christians, which bucket is larger?
              Didn't the christians do a good job of trying to wipe out the native american indians?
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Americans killed by American Christians obviously if you believe that 76% of Americans are Christians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                  Didn't the christians do a good job of trying to wipe out the native american indians?
                  Not to mention the Chinese and the Mexicans..... and don't forget, there was a time when Roman Catholics weren't considered Christians in the USA.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Didn't the christians do a good job of trying to wipe out the native american indians?
                    You're telling me that people who didn't know what a virus was back in 1500 are morally culpable for spreading infectious disease?

Still waiting for the answer to my question. How many have died through 'Christian terrorism' in America?

Comment

• Americans killed by American Christians obviously if you believe that 76% of Americans are Christians.
                      Still waiting for the examples of Christian terrorism listed above. Exactly how many doctors have been killed? Is it more than the fingers on one hand?

Comment

Still waiting for the examples of Christian terrorism listed above. Exactly how many doctors have been killed? Is it more than the fingers on one hand?
                        You never mentioned terrorism. Please try and be precise when you're spouting your bigotry to avoid obvious factual errors.

Comment

• You never mentioned terrorism. Please try and be precise when you're spouting your bigotry to avoid obvious factual errors
                          Oddly enough Proteus mentioned abortion doctors. You should really brush up on your reading comprehension since English is your second language. Now, how many abortion doctors have been killed? Is it more than the fingers on one hand?

Comment

Oddly enough Proteus mentioned abortion doctors. You should really brush up on your reading comprehension since English is your second language. Now, how many abortion doctors have been killed? Is it more than the fingers on one hand?
                            Proteus mentioned lots of things. He neglected to mention that you're a bigoted ******, but to be fair I think that was implied.

Comment

• Proteus mentioned lots of things. He neglected to mention that you're a bigoted ******, but to be fair I think that was implied.
                              I'm going to wager that there's more killed by Islamic terrorism in America. Given your personal attacks and evasion, I think we both know the answer to this question.

You have a choice, engage in ****-throwing or answer the very pertinent question. If, in fact, Islamic terrorism is more likely to kill Americans, than Americans are rightfully concerned about Islam.

Comment

I'm going to wager that there's more killed by Islamic terrorism in America. Given your personal attacks and evasion, I think we both know the answer to this question.

You have a choice, engage in ****-throwing or answer the very pertinent question. If, in fact, Islamic terrorism is more likely to kill Americans, than Americans are rightfully concerned about Islam.
                                It's not a pertinent question, it's just yet another tedious troll. As such I'll just continue to insult you. ********.

Comment

Working...
                                X