Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between ISIS fundies, and American religious-right fundies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe program a guidance system for a hobby rocket (to steer it as it falls, perhaps hitting a target). The whole system could use an arduino and servos to manipulate the fins.

That's easily a sub $50-100 project.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd probably have to pull in someone who knew something about control theory to help me. Control systems are pretty tricky.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

ISIS bans math, social studies.
        The staggering death toll from the Syrian conflict has grown even further as at least 200 people were killed Tuesday, an opposition group said.

Texas to ban "climate change" discussion.

Not proportionally equal, by any means... but still, they share the same spirit.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          I'd probably have to pull in someone who knew something about control theory to help me. Control systems are pretty tricky.
          I tried making a robotic mod for a fleshlight once.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            ISIS bans math, social studies.
            The staggering death toll from the Syrian conflict has grown even further as at least 200 people were killed Tuesday, an opposition group said.

Texas to ban "climate change" discussion.

Not proportionally equal, by any means... but still, they share the same spirit.
            Oh the irony.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Curious, you're arguing that "climate change" is as essential to understanding the world as Math?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

For the average person? surely not.

Climate has a much more direct impact on their lives, and one they have control over.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Look up the guidance algorithm for the original Sidewinder missile, and the Walleye TV-guided bomb.

Not sure I'd want to use an arduino as the microcontroller. Actually, a rooted cell phone contains most of the components of a modern guided munition. You have a compass, a GPS receiver, an accelerometer, a gyroscope, a visual camera, and multiple radio transceivers with datalink capability. You can recreate a huge number of different guidance techniques with that suite of sensors.

Comment

Climate has a much more direct impact on their lives, and one they have control over.
                    Christ. Complete and total delusion. You're actually serious that climate lunacy plays a bigger role than math? Really?

Perhaps that explains why it's your religion.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      For the average person? surely not.

Set at 72 F. No change.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        Filed under "**** that didn't happen"
                        Being in denial must be a lot of fun for you.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          Weyuuuuullllllllllllllllll....

they are funding churches and (I think) politicians that are leading the anti-homosexual movement in some African countries, which in turn has resulted in draconian anti-homosexual laws.
                          Yep. And extreme Christian fundies in America would want such draconian laws here in the good ol' USA if only they had the power to do so.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                            Set at 72 F. No change.
                            Power bill.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                              Power bill.
                              Nuke power.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

You'll still need more power to balance a more chaotic climate.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X