Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Maher: Islam is inherently worse than other religions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
    The "textual support" for peace in the new testament has not prevented Christian nations from committing the worst atrocities in the past ~500 years.
    No atheists did, by committing those atrocities.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Explain suicide bomber then.
      i doubt you'd understand any kind of explanation.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
        Especially considering that textually, suicide bombing goes against the Koran .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
          I doubt that you understand that an explanation wasn't expected. Your posts don't explain anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            What about the virgins that are waiting for them? Are you saying they just made all that up and they blow themselves up based on crap they made up?

Comment

One of the problems is that it might or might not be depending on the situation which is why Islamists have so much success convincing so many people that god wants them to do it. Suicide is forbidden in the Koran but dying while fight infidels gets you a free ticket to heaven. The Islamists argue that the intent is to attack enemies and the bomber just dies in the act ergo it is sanctioned and different from simple suicide which is forbidden.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I think the poor people can't read and they are lied to. That's really messed up.

Comment

• Many suicide bombers are actually pretty well educated. Look at the 9/11 attackers, who were all suicide attackers.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Well ok. I thought the collectivist anarchists might have been right for once.

Comment

one of the remarkable things about this debate is the number of people whose criticism of islam is textual; those same people not actually having read the text!
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

No atheists did, by committing those atrocities.
                        Sure

No True Scotsman is a logical fallacy by which an individual attempts to avoid being associated with an unpleasant act by asserting that no true member of the group they belong to would do such a thing.
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Damn. That's ironic Fake Boris.

Comment

• We've established quite well that the Christian nations' body count is significantly worse than Muslim nations'.

The response is that in the case of Christians, textual support is not the cause.

Fair enough. Since you assume that in cases of violent political outcomes, textual ideological support has to be a cause, then there must be, somewhere, textual support leading certain nations to adopt aggressive policies. This implies that there is an ideology running within Christian people, not necessarily religious, but still present within, that is even worse than Islam; and that the continued action of the Christian religion has not been able to suppress it.

Kid, Felch, Oerdin: please point out this doctrine for us, and its source.
                            Last edited by Fake Boris; September 15, 2014, 10:04.

Comment

Damn. That's ironic Fake Boris.
                              In the kiddieverse:

Hernan Cortes = heathen
                              Osama bin Laden = true Muslim

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                                In the kiddieverse:

Hernan Cortes = heathen
                                Osama bin Laden = true Muslim
                                Nope. Both were atheists.

Look at the similarities between terrorists and nazis. That doesn't mean Islam is a good religion though
                                . Islam involves state control over people, Christianity does not. The problem is what do you do about nazis.

Comment

Working...
                                X