Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Maher: Islam is inherently worse than other religions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
    Past violence and atrocities were rationalized by corrupting Christianity. Saudi Arabia rejects human rights today because it explicitly contradicts the Koran.
    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Once again, you are trying to have your cake and eat it to.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      Once again, you are trying to have your cake and eat it to. Christians for centuries have used the faith, including the Scriptures, for atrocities, whether its inquisitions, colonialism, massacring people of other faiths, etc. Saying 'that was in the past is irrelevant' when you are talking about the basic nature of those faiths (which, btw Maher would agree with - he hates Christianity almost as much as he hates Islam).
      It's only fair to judge Christianity by the way christians behave today.
      Last edited by Kidlicious; September 13, 2014, 19:44.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I've already shown where the human rights violations are supported by Hadith. Show me where Christian atrocities are supported by the teachings of Christ.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          It's only fair to judge Christianity by the way christians behave today.
          Most Christian behaviour I'm witnessing lately is hate posts on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
            Most Christian behaviour I'm witnessing lately is hate posts on the internet.
            You better not be talking about Christian anti-feminists

Comment

• On the one hand Christians shouldn't boast about good works. On the other hand, I think we do some.

Comment

• It warms my heart to see a one-starred Oerdin-Thrade™ so many days after it started.

Apolyton-Tradition™ is alive and well!
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                  If an armed, militant group attacked my town there'd be little resistance. We're not armed, unlike the US. I doubt those backwoods areas were armed either.
                  Just about everyone in Iraq has an AK-47 as Saddam empty the armories in order to arm all military aged males right before the 2003 invasion. The country is awash in guns so claiming they don't have guns isn't really a good excuse.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                    Just so we're clear, the Muslims who oppose the death penalty for apostasy are the "bad" Muslims.
                    Yes, those are specific example Maher listed. That very large majorities in many countries (probably most) support killing people for having sex outside of marriage as well as for any muslim who decides to convert to another religion. Sorry, but holy books directing people to be murdered because of their religious views does seem inherently violent to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                      You are the one claiming religion is the determinant. It is up to you to get the evidence for your theory. So you go find me statistics that show that for instance Nigerian Muslim are less liberal than Nigerian Christians.
                      Religion is the determinant in so far as the Koran orders that both apostates and people who have sex outside of marriage must both be executed. So, yes, it is true you can find muslims who ignore those particular religious commandments but that doesn't mean those commandments don't exist nor does it change the fact that polls show a majority of muslims in a number of countries all say they want people executed if they convert to a different religion. Would you not say that killing people is violent and that if a religion orders that people be killed then it is, therefor, inherently violent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        You mean... the Vatican?

I like how you think you are being subtle here . Why didn't you say Christian Scriptures... is it due to the existence of these verses?

Deuteronomy 13:6-9

Deuteronomy 17:3-5

You may say that these are the Old Testament, but as Christians these are part of our Scriptures as well and important in our faith life (the Old Testament I mean, not these particular verses ).
                        Imran, I'm hardly a big supporter of Christianity but you'll notice that ALL of those old testament verses don't get carried out by any Christian sect. Also I believe you were the one who told me the old testament is just there for background info while the new testament (the part about the teachings of Christ) supposedly completes and changes all the old testament stuff. That's why Jewish dietary laws aren't enforced and people don't get stoned for wearing clothing made from mixed fibers. The Koran has no new and old section break down and when they contradict each other (as they do a lot) then the last one is the one muslims are supposed to follow. Well, lots of the nice forgiving stuff in the Koran comes at the beginning (especially when the cult leader Mohammed was trying to attract followers) but by the time he was an old man he had become an evil blood thirsty brute so you find many of the worst and most violent stuff coming at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                          Sure, Islam promotes violence in some ways, but Islam isn't going away and bashing Muslims isn't going to make them less likely to be violent.

Sure, Catholicism promotes violence in some ways, but Catholicism isn't going away and bashing Catholics isn't going to make them less likely to be violent.

etc.
                          I agree it is not going away. That said can we at least have the politicians stop repeating the bullsh!t about "religion of peace"? It's the least peaceful religion I've ever seen and I generally don't like any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            ****, Guy, you should move.
                            That was the auto spell correct on that stupid Kindle Fire. It turned "mideast" into "midwest" and "Koran" into "Akron". I know it makes a funny joke though.
                            Last edited by Dinner; September 14, 2014, 12:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              That was the auto spell correct on that stupid Kindle Fire. It turned "mideast" into "midwest" and "Loran" into "Akron". I know it makes a funny joke though.
                              Loran?
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• I guess Obama's speech had an affect on some people.

Comment

Working...
                                X