Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Maher: Islam is inherently worse than other religions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
    Wow, you take a really dark turn there. My end game is shunning. Make people understand that Islam isn't cool, that it isn't appropriate, and that we shouldn't celebrate it as an equal faith along side those others that do recognize basic human rights. Basically the same as the Westboro *******s. I'd shun them, I wouldn't exterminate them.
    That will accomplish nothing and lead only to hate crimes.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
      That will accomplish nothing and lead only to hate crimes.
      Do you know the Powerball numbers also?

Shunning people accomplishes a lot. Human beings are social animals, and if a way of thinking is not socially acceptable, most people will reject it in time. Social rejection is non-violent and a basic human right (freedom of association). There's reason to believe that it will accomplish great things, and there's no reason to believe that it will lead to hate crimes.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• But who the **** are you going to shun? The only Muslims you'll ever know are those "exceptional" ones.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I know. I'm lucky.

Comment

• I'm a [10] right now. A fun amount of alcohol. Hittin' my listerine bottle water pipe. ahhhhhh yeah
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• What if Islam becomes cool?
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• islamic feminists

actually, islam is a mans' religion, right? you can rape your wife
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I'm wondering how long it'll take before Kid converts.

Of course, once you go in, there's no coming out, Kiddo.

EDIT: For the record, my level of shunning Kid would not change at all. Hardcore Muslims and MRAs are roughly equal in my eyes.

Comment

• yeah that ****s worse than a gym membership
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

islamic feminists

actually, islam is a mans' religion, right? you can rape your wife
                      That's feminist lies. Islam is more anti-man than it is anti-woman.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I don't understand how anyone can listen to anything Bill Maher says here and not think he's a complete piece of trash. What's the end game Bill? Genocide?
                        The end game is to convince people that the idea of killing people because something they said hurt your feelings is wrong. The end game is to admit gays are people too and that they're worthy of equal protection of the law. The end game is to admit that women are equals to men. Why do I have to explain this to you? Seriously. There is a whole lot of **** in there which should give any remotely moral person problems and it is fundamentally incomparable with a civil society. Something which every reasonable person should care about.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• There are a whole lot of people in the "muslim world" (sic) that espouce those very ideas and not only that, they fight for them.
                          You say those are "bad muslims". I say they are trapped inside a prison of foreign interventions (hey got to make up a new enemy) and inside strife that only makes their jobs more difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            Why do I have to explain this to you?
                            Because idiotic bigotry doesn't come as naturally to me as it does you.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                              Wow, you take a really dark turn there. My end game is shunning. Make people understand that Islam isn't cool, that it isn't appropriate, and that we shouldn't celebrate it as an equal faith along side those others that do recognize basic human rights. Basically the same as the Westboro *******s. I'd shun them, I wouldn't exterminate them.
                              Shunning 1.6 billion people definitely won't have any unintended consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                There's something to be said for forbearance, especially since, in the U.S., I don't believe a mass uprising by itself would have led to anything good.
                                Especially when you're not the one who actually has to tolerate being tortured and worked to death while your female relatives are regularly beaten and raped.

Comment

Working...
                                X