X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
    half white/half asian people?
    Racist mixed race people.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Blurgh. I feel like a bag of smashed assholes right now. I was in urgent care yesterday because I had a sore throat and it was waking me up at night. Started the first course of antibiotics this morning, but I still don't sleep more thn forty-five minutes at a rip.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Ugh. Not cool. Maybe take some benadryl or nyquil just to knock you out?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• it's amazing just how effective a single day's worth of antibiotics can be. nine more days to go, because i'm not going to be that guy.

Comment

• Better nuke'em from orbit. Just to be sure.

Glad you're on the mend.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Good morning, side effects of antibiotics. I hope you'll let me leave the bathroom long enough to actually do my job.

Comment

• So I haven't read a single word of this thrade and I don't know what it's aBout But I was just thinking aBout Sava.

He still hasn't Poasted here after he got driven away in the Ferguson Thrade. AAHZ is still here. Sava is not.

Sava is gone and AAHZ remained. Sava left. AAHZ stayed. Goddamn it that just feels good to say.

AAHZ OUTLASTED SAVA

Prove me wrong.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I'm reviving this thread in perpetual homage to Sava and that if you bump it he will come (back) approach.

My three random but important questions of the day:

1. If you continuously cook patatos in the microwave, will you eventually grow a patato head? Seriously, how safe is it? I know reheating things is ok and cooking meat there should be done slowly. But it's so easy and fast to cook patatos. Safe?

2. What is that song that goes "jerusalem, jerusalem" with a indiscribable nostalgic vibe to it?

3. Were the three magicians going to baby jesus part of a secret mystic cult or something?

Comment

• As this thrade is the last sPlinter of Sava's internet existence, let me say this: Sava is gone. History. Ran away. ducKed and cKovered. Finished. Left forever. Adios amigos. Goodbye. Farewell. Toodles. Chow.

AAHZ didn't leave tho. He is here. AcKtive. Surviving. Setting the Standards. KicKing Booty. In the house. Doing his thizz'ang. Going strong. Rollin rollin rollin. Slowwy is a PooP.

so what does this all mean?

YOU TELL ME

I'm AAHZ goddammit.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                      I'm reviving this thread in perpetual homage to Sava and that if you bump it he will come (back) approach.

My three random but important questions of the day:

1. If you continuously cook patatos in the microwave, will you eventually grow a patato head? Seriously, how safe is it? I know reheating things is ok and cooking meat there should be done slowly. But it's so easy and fast to cook patatos. Safe?

2. What is that song that goes "jerusalem, jerusalem" with a indiscribable nostalgic vibe to it?

3. Were the three magicians going to baby jesus part of a secret mystic cult or something?
                      1. totally safe. Stick them all over the place with a fork, or they might explode though. For even better results, put them on a deep (soup) plate, and cover them with another one.

2. what?

3. Probably made up. Only one of the gospels mentions them. Also, they are supposed to be from three different nations, so unlikely.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• 2) this one: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/c/croo...lemlyrics.html ?

3) all we know from the bible is that "some" wise men travelled to greet him. Not how many, not from where. Rest is non canonic lore.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          mmm, listened to it now on youtube and nope it's not. But thanks for giving the suggestion

I've been looking for it for some time but can't find it.
                          It's in english, it's a ballad, I *think* it talks about a love story and in its refrain it has the words "jerusalem jerusalem" (two times) with a very nolstalgic note. It strikes me as being from the '70s but I might be wrong

Comment

• Let the river run by Carly Simon?
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Just listened to it. Nope. thanks for the suggestion!

It is a sad/nostalgic/craving song.
                              Hmm, sort of like Simon & Garfunkel vibe with soft guitar

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                                mmm, listened to it now on youtube and nope it's not. But thanks for giving the suggestion

I've been looking for it for some time but can't find it.
                                It's in english, it's a ballad, I *think* it talks about a love story and in its refrain it has the words "jerusalem jerusalem" (two times) with a very nolstalgic note. It strikes me as being from the '70s but I might be wrong
                                The 'wise men' were astronomer/astrologers- magi, magus.

An integral part of the activities of the Magi was comprised of their ritual functions connected with astrology and magic (hence the Greek term mageía [μαγεία]; see Rose, p. 22). The seeming confusion in the use of the words “Magi” and “Chaldeans” in Greek literature can be explained by the fact that the activities of Babylonian priests and Iranian Magi were similar in some aspects. There has also been preserved some evidence about the stay of Magi in Athens during Plato’s times (Gnoli, 2000, p. 57).

Beginning in the 4th century BCE, the use of the term magus became ambiguous and had a double significance. It often acquired contemptuous connation and was used to designate conjurers, sorcerers, and soothsayers (Bidez and Cumont, I, p. 174; Bickerman and Tadmor, p. 252; Papathcophances, p. 105). But the same word was also used for designating wise men—like those who arrived “from the East” (Matt. 2:1) with the offerings to the infant Jesus Christ (Duchesne-Guillemin, 1961, pp. 469-71) and so became an enduring part of Christian tradition.
                                The Encyclopaedia Iranica is a comprehensive research tool dedicated to the study of Iranian civilization in the Middle East, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and the Indian subcontinent
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X