X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
    I like Ginger Ale
    But it's gassy, maaannn.....

Ginger cordial is the real deal in cold weather.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• I think I dislike ginger because as a kid we were at a japanese place and i thought the ginger was ham. I shoved a bunch in my mouth

no bueno
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• An uncle of mine once thought the wasabi was guacamole
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• ouch!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Wasabi is the green thing in sushi that's supposed to be extremely hot but is only so so hot, right?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• It's pretty damned hot. It's very similar to hot English mustard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                Wasabi is the green thing in sushi that's supposed to be extremely hot but is only so so hot, right?
                It's not necessarily very hot. For me, anyways, the heat from wasabi tends to gravitate upwards into the nasal cavity, tearing the eyes and generally being disruptive (if I have too much).
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                  It's pretty damned hot. It's very similar to hot English mustard.
                  I like hot. And wasabi is so so hot. So good, but it has nothing on the so called not hot food I got on an Indian restaurant in Thailand a few years back.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Indian and Thai spices are for wimps. If it's not glowing, it's not worth my time.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• i'm packing for my trip this weekend.

Time management and i are apparently archenemies.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• The enemy of my friend is my enemy
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                          An uncle of mine once thought the wasabi was guacamole
                          Yes, I met someone who made the same mistake in Hong Kong. My partner's brother is a notorious gannet, always necking large amounts of edibles, so as a wee jest one Christmas I brought a couple of bags of wasabi crackers with me.

They look just like regular rice crackers, so naturally Huw couldn't resist putting a fistful of them in his mouth and munching down.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1,.... meltdown.

O, how we chuckled.

It's not necessarily very hot. For me, anyways, the heat from wasabi tends to gravitate upwards into the nasal cavity, tearing the eyes and generally being disruptive (if I have too much).
                          Succulent Sava

Yes, in that respect very similar to horseradish and English mustard, which is why I love all three. Not hot as chilli hot though. Lacks the slow burn and lingering after effects too...

luckily for one's rosebud.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                            rice crackers
                            half white/half asian people?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• My axe killed a king!
                              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X