Tell me what are some good apps/games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me what are some good apps/games

Ok, I am finally discarding my old flip phone. My wife wanted the latest for her birthday and somewhere in the deal there with rebates and such we got two top of the line Galaxy phones and a tablet thrown in. And since my daughter had already upgraded....the second became mine since no better options occurred to my lovely wife.

I know I'm old because the first game/app I downloaded was free cell. Yes, quite pathetic. So I wanted to ask the experts here what their favorite apps are.

Please enlighten me before my wife's mockery takes it's toll.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

I don't find myself playing mobile games that much. Sudoku, occasionally. That's about it.

If you play NES games at all, you can get emulators and play ROM's.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Waste all your time and money on Candy Crush. Nasdaq needs that King stock to rebound.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I have a GBA emulator on my phone but it's a bit hard to use. Pocket Tanks is kinda fun, if you want a little blast from the past.

Comment

I'm an iPhone user and not much of an apps user, but will post my thoughts to help save you from the mockery of your lovely wife. (At least, to save you from her mockery on this one topic...)

First, to prove you are old, definitely load Angry Birds. Yes, it still exists. No need to actually play it.
          If you don't have turn-by-turn GPS, get one. I use Waze. Free and not terrible.
          Some kind of QR code scanner can be handy, linking print to online info.
          OpenTable is good for same-day dinner reservations when you're out and about.

Oh, and for distance to the pin, in real time, on pretty much any course, get GolfLogix. This one is pretty awesome.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Two strategy games:

For $7, Transport Tycoon might be up your alley.
            Plague Inc is free with paid DLC you don't need and it's a very novel game, but the uniqueness of trying to kill the human race with diseases gets old after a few hours. But again, free, and it's worth checking out just because it's such a unique idea.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I hardly play anything but I like WordHero.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

carcassone is good, but it's like $3. Wordhero is a decent boggle-like game, and is free. Dungeon hero is a semi-realtime dungeon crawler in the vein of Rogue. i'm actually fond of Grabbatron, too.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Wow I must be the only one with a flip phone.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I play Droidhen Texas Poker... and that's it.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Wow I must be the only one with a flip phone.
                      Come over to the dark side. Just a few short days ago, that's all I had.

And I appreciate all the suggestions, please keep them coming.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

On my tablet I have youtube, netflix, cool reader, spades free (single player w/ai vs ai of variable levels), and Ticket to Ride (curse you Wil Wheaton!). Ticket to Ride cost about $3, iirc. Some of the reviews complain about online multiplayer being incompatible between android and apple versions. There's a Pass and Play mode for people to play on the same device.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

spades free (single player w/ai vs ai of variable levels),
                          Yeah, that I will check out.

Anyone know any decent bridge apps.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Same company makes other games (cards, chess, etc.) but no bridge. I never learned that one so can't help with that one. I suddenly feel the urge to look for a pinochle game though...
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

You ever play bridge.... on WEEEED?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X