No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it stings, for sure, but at least you know now?

my usual set of platitudes won't really work for you.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• it stings, for sure, but at least you know now?

my usual set of platitudes won't really work for you.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Yeah, bummer dude. But on the bright side... All the other women in the world!

Comment

• Such is life as a man bro. Sorry you didn't get to objectify her.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I'm flattered, of course, that you're asking me out. I'm afraid that my answer is no, thank you. Whether or not I'm still technically your TA is a moot point: it would be inappropriate. A secondary reason is that I'm already seeing someone.
            A secondary reason is that she's seeing someone? Really? Maybe she's into some kinky stuff...

And it's obviously not inappropriate...but I suppose white lies are normal for this kind of thing.
            "

Comment

• The part that bothers me is that I apparently totally misread the situation/her. She was, at most, being friendly, when I thought she was flirting/interested. Makes me sink deeper into the perception that I'm a ****ing social ******.

(I'm lying. The part that bothers me is that she said no.)
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• See, now this is when you enter stalker mode. That's how I got my girlfriend.
                "

Comment

• What I have to do now is something I've never really done before. I need to go, okay, this chick isn't in to me; now I need to find another chick.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I suppose that's one way to go.
                    "

Comment

• That's the way to go, if she wants you then the message she's sending would indicate she's very hard work indeed. You didn't necessarily misread it though - when I was single plenty of married women came on to me just to prove to themselves I'd take the bait, then said "Sorry, I'm married".

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        What I have to do now is something I've never really done before. I need to go, okay, this chick isn't in to me; now I need to find another chick.
                        These days that's the safe route, although continuing pursuit often works.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• At the risk of labouring the point, life's too short for women who want to **** around. Move on, find a better woman.

Or maybe she's being straight. Either way, same outcome.

Comment

• Yeah, I have no intention of further pursuing a woman who's involved with someone else. Were the only roadblock the possibility of inappropriateness, I might attempt to find out whether she genuinely believes that (and then try to change her mind) or she's just trying to let me down gently.

In some future scenario where she's no longer with whomever she's with and she feels sufficiently removed from being my TA, I'd totally be up on that if we were to cross paths again/she reached out to me. But I'm not holding my breath.

It occurred to me last night that since my breakup with the ex, I've managed to make connections, however small, with ~5 women. Most of those women were already in relationships, and I wasn't super interested in any of them (except TA), but nonetheless it demonstrates that there are women out there with whom I can get along if I make the effort. So things aren't hopeless for old Lori.

Comment

• There's loads to be positive about, Lori...

Firstly, the fact that she listed being in a relationship as only the second reason! Surely that should always be the first reason for someone not going out with another person...!?

Also you said it was a long email response - she really didn't have to go to the trouble. She clearly likes you, or she wouldn't have bothered with that sort of reply. Also, maybe you didn't get the signals wrong, maybe she was trying to just be friendly but was actually interested - apart from the fact that she's already in a relationship? For her, if she didn't care about you, the safest response would have been not to reply.

So I'd strike it down as a 'near miss' where if the circumstances were different, she might have said yes.

To me those are positives to take away and add to your newfound aura of confidence around women, relatively speaking. So dust yourself off and move on.
                              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• And all this waiting could have been avoided by a simple, you wanna grab a cup of coffee?

Στάλθηκε χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X