No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything that won't land you in jail and will land you the chick.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Keep a steady hand. Maintain contact, and your friendship and flirtations. She may well have a dalliance with the new arrival, but with any luck either way she'll appreciate what a well-adjusted, secure, confident, friendly and funny dude you are and end up with you

Or you may miss out on her. Only time will tell. I still advocate this approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
        ...she'll appreciate what a well-adjusted, secure, confident, friendly and funny dude you are...
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          A threat to the plan has appeared. Another male has been spotted fraternizing with the target. Do I proceed with the plan? Do I deploy countermeasures to eliminate the rival male? Do I concede the contest given that the new player appears to be a superior male specimen? Beep Boop.
          Arrange an accident. There's more than one way to be superior.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Execute the plan as envisaged. And step on his toes really hard if given the chance.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Accelerate and beat him to the curve ( )
              Make your intentions clear and swoooop the girl, now.

Then pat him condescendly on the back.

Comment

• Accelerating the plan would be unethical. Nevertheless, the critical phase of the plan will be executed on December 12 at 11:50 am, so we're almost there.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Your idea of ethics is very convoluted. Are you sure you aren't mixing up unethical with "too much bother"?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I assume that December 12 at 11:50 am is the time you will cease to be a student in that class so she won't be your TA anymore.
                    IF not, please explain the unethical part if accelerated.
                    Inquiring minds want to know.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well, not exactly. That's when the last discussion section I have with her is. The week after that, I'll be taking my exam. Which she will be grading. It's just that I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity to make my move, as it were, after the last class. So I have to do something then, with the understanding that she might say something like, "Ask me again in a couple weeks." Or: "Eww, get away from me you creepy freak," etc.

Comment

• I think you'd be better off when you make your move, specifically stating not meeting until after your grade is in but saying you didn't want to take the chance of missing the opportunity of asking.

And I doubt she'll respond Eww, when No is much simpler and less hurtful.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I think you'd be better off when you make your move, specifically stating not meeting until after your grade is in but saying you didn't want to take the chance of missing the opportunity of asking.
                          I've gone through several varieties of this approach in my head. Some of them involve being "clever" by saying I have questions about the exam, and then asking when she thinks they'll be graded by, and then going from there.

And I doubt she'll respond Eww, when No is much simpler and less hurtful.
                          Well, sure. But what's the point of playing out elaborate fantasies in my head if I don't go through the best and worst case scenarios?

Comment

• I like to stick with the best ones unless I think I can influence what happens in the bad ones. Otherwise there is no point in it.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Ah, see, I fantasize to torture myself, not to help me in any way.

Comment

• I like to imagine the worst case so that whatever you experience will at least be better than that.
                                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                                X