No announcement yet.

Who was the greatest American ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

What's your point?
      I think it's funny that you're a republican, but hate the party and you're a Catholic, but hate Catholicism.

Why don't you leave?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Again, you always think in absolutes. I like a lot of republicans, I like a lot of Catholics and like a lot of what they do. I didn't think Bush was that good and think you're a douche.
        It's not all black and white. I don't follow goose step like you do. I actually think.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't think Bush was that good and think you're a douche.
          The difference between me and you is when the Republican party stopped representing me and my beliefs, I left. I realized awhile back that the Republicans have zero interest in the things that I do.

It's not all black and white. I don't follow goose step like you do. I actually think.
          Uh, I'm a convert, Rah. Obviously at some point I had to learn about the Catholic church and then decide that this was where I wanted to be. Unlike you, you don't see me going around and badmouthing the Church whenever it comes up despite claiming to be a member. Wouldn't you consider that to be two-faced?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            Or are you one of those loones that just because they belong to a party must march in goose step and support anybody else that claims the same label?
            Unlike those of us born to parents who were Roman Catholic, he joined that organisation of his own volition. The Vatican isn't renowned for holding those not marching to the exact beat of their drum in high regard- just look at Teilhard de Chardin and Hans Kung in modern times.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
              Vespucci may not be the greatest American, but he got damned good naming rights.
              Except it most likely wasn't named after him.

W. C. Handy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	handy1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	9100099
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Ben, if you hope to change an organization that you're part of it's better to criticize and try to improve it. Leaving it just seems like a quitters type of thing.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  The difference between me and you is when the Republican party stopped representing me and my beliefs, I left. I realized awhile back that the Republicans have zero interest in the things that I do.
                  You can't be a Republican because you can't even vote in US elections. How could an illegal like you "leave" the Republican party?
                  [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    Leaving it just seems like a quitters type of thing.
                    Quitting is a Ben thing.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Nixon.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

How can you wankers not support Larry Flint. A great defender of the first amendment and, even after being shot, a defender of the second amendment... and his shooter was executed - how American is that?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Ben, if you hope to change an organization that you're part of it's better to criticize and try to improve it. Leaving it just seems like a quitters type of thing.
                          Ah. I see. So you really want the Catholic church to change to accommodate you. Good luck with that, rah.

I await the day when the Catholic church is sufficiently reformed as the 'Church of rah'. Kinda has a nice ring to it, eh?
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 3, 2014, 22:04.

Comment

You can't be a Republican because you can't even vote in US elections. How could an illegal like you "leave" the Republican party?
                            Illegal? Are you saying you have to vote for a party in order to support it? I supported Palin, I supported Santorum. I said both publicly and I've said that since 2002, I believed that the Republican party represented me better than any of the Canadian parties.

Now, I've changed my mind and have gone back to being an independent, given the recent efforts of Romney and McCain to stab social conservatives in the back.

Comment

Quitting is a Ben thing.
                              Says the man who joined the marines for a line on his resume.

Comment

Just for the sake of entertainment: Norman Borlaug
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X