No announcement yet.

Towering intellectual feats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had maths in high school, the theoretical version, not the practical. Can't say I remember anything called dot product. But it probably have a different name in Norwegian, I dunno?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

(a, b, c)·(d, e, f) = ad + be + cf

It's also called scalar product, since you multiply two vectors and you get a scalar.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Ah. That one. That's pretty basic maths.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yup.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I don't know what that is
            And you're doing logistics for the USMC? Fun.

We already got Elok, rah, and myself not knowing what it is.
            Early part of first year they cover it dot product vs cross product. Later on you get to stuff like differential equations and matrix algebra.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Who are you, Socrates?
              Don't play with your food, Nik.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

You're so smart, Ben
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You're so smart, Ben
                  Thank you Albie! That's kind of you to say.

Comment

Even Ben knows what a dot product is!

Comment

I know what a dot product is. I probably learned it in middle school and then promptly forgot it till junior high where I forgot it again until high school, where I forgot it again until reading this thread. By later tonight I will neither know or care what it is again.

Comment

Working...
                      X