No announcement yet.

The Fate of Aborted Fetuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I note that only Catholics out of all Christian denominations have changed the "if you're not baptized and accept Jesus then you're going to hell" thing and they only did that in 2007.
    From my previous citation:

However, in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1992), the theory of limbo is not mentioned.
    And again:

Limbo, understood as a state which includes the souls of infants who die subject to original sin and without baptism, and who, therefore, neither merit the beatific vision, nor yet are subjected to any punishment, because they are not guilty of any personal sin. This theory, elaborated by theologians beginning in the Middle Ages, never entered into the dogmatic definitions of the Magisterium, even if that same Magisterium did at times mention the theory in its ordinary teaching up until the Second Vatican Council. It remains therefore a possible theological hypothesis.
    So, yeah, most Christian denomiations continue to say if you aren't baptized and you don't accept Jesus as your savior then you don't get into heaven.
    I can continue at length on this topic - but it wasn't taught by the early church, limbo itself, was only taught in Aquina's time by the Scholastics, and even then, none of them taught that unbaptized children went to hell.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...opelimbo_N.htm

I note that only Catholics out of all Christian denominations have changed the "if you're not baptized and accept Jesus then you're going to hell" thing and they only did that in 2007. So, yeah, most Christian denomiations continue to say if you aren't baptized and you don't accept Jesus as your savior then you don't get into heaven.
      Well that's silly. Plenty of denominations are rejecting the idea of an eternal torment Hell or that you don't have another shot.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Plenty of denominations are rejecting the idea of an eternal torment Hell or that you don't have another shot.
        Some were even Christian.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Obviously the Catholics can't be considered Christian with their works righteousness
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'd be interested seeing your beliefnet score now, Imran. There's a reason why liberal protestants are further from the Church than conservative ones (90 percent vs about 30).

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              I'd be interested seeing your beliefnet score now, Imran. There's a reason why liberal protestants are further from the Church than conservative ones (90 percent vs about 30).
              The Belief-o-Matic said "Your beliefs match closest with Liberal Quakerism!" with nothing else. And the quiz is pretty sucky as well... dunno why they changed it. Maybe I answered the wrong one...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                There is no such thing as a soul. If there is brain activity, it stops. Period.
                How do you have free will then or do you not believe in that either?
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If he doesn't believe in a soul, then what's the likelihood of him believing in god?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    If he doesn't believe in a soul, then what's the likelihood of him believing in god?
                    I didn't ask him if he believed in God or not.

Comment

So what meaning does 'free will' have?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        So what meaning does 'free will' have?
                        That you can make choices independent of the physical world, that you are a self.
                        Last edited by Kidlicious; January 23, 2014, 19:09.

Comment

Ah so supernatural stuff.

Comment

Yes

Comment

The Belief-o-Matic said "Your beliefs match closest with Liberal Quakerism!" with nothing else. And the quiz is pretty sucky as well... dunno why they changed it. Maybe I answered the wrong one...
                              So something like a 10 percent matchup with Catholicism, Orthodoxy and Conservative Protestants. Unsurprised. I'm not quite sure why we would consider people who only have 10 percent overlap in their religious beliefs as members of the same faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                So something like a 10 percent matchup with Catholicism, Orthodoxy and Conservative Protestants. Unsurprised. I'm not quite sure why we would consider people who only have 10 percent overlap in their religious beliefs as members of the same faith.
                                Cause yer Pope says to. Bahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X