No announcement yet.

The Fate of Aborted Fetuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize he was asking this question solely of Christians.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You are given a glorified body... considering that aborted fetuses tend to be a glump of cells, I'm thinking they are likely given their potential body... it's not exactly resurrection in that case.
      One of these two premisses are wrong, Imran. They already have a body that is their own. Why would they need to be given another?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        It's not although I'm guessing all of the respondents will either be Christians or atheists.

Comment

Well then, I'm not sure what you're complaining about.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Where is "when does foetus get a soul" poll?
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              One of these two premisses are wrong, Imran. They already have a body that is their own. Why would they need to be given another?
              Are their post-resurrection bodies exactly as their bodies were before they died? Will they be resurrected inside the wombs of their mothers or will fetuses be floating about on Judgement Day?

Comment

Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
                will fetuses be floating about on Judgement Day?
                Spooky.

They'll look like LSP from Adventure Time?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Are their post-resurrection bodies exactly as their bodies were before they died? Will they be resurrected inside the wombs of their mothers or will fetuses be floating about on Judgement Day?
                  They wouldn't need wombs anymore. Remember what they said to Neo? "You think that's air you're breathing?"

It's possible that they could bear scars and things like that, as Christ had the nail marks in his palm. I'm not sure if he did that in order to prove that there was continuity, or if he did that because that's how resurrected bodies work. My personal belief on this, is that we'll see the souls as they truly are. So we would see, in the case of unborn children, they would be older.

There's speculation back and forth on precisely how this works. The only definitive thing is that yes, they do go to heaven and yes, that they are bodily resurrected same as everyone else. Beyond that, we simply do not know.

Comment

Aborted babies are all pro-life so go to heaven.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
                      How can you have a body that burns for eternity?
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

They haven't been baptized or accepted Jesus so even by common Christian doctrine they're going to hell.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You are so wrong about literally everything Oerdin.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

They haven't been baptized or accepted Jesus so even by common Christian doctrine they're going to hell

OIAW.

Also, Limbo never taught that they would stop there before going to hell, rather it was to wait there until the 'final judgment'.

Comment

Pope Benedict XVI has reversed centuries of traditional Roman Catholic teaching on limbo, approving a Vatican report released Friday that says there were serious grounds to hope that children who die without being baptized can go to heaven.

I note that only Catholics out of all Christian denominations have changed the "if you're not baptized and accept Jesus then you're going to hell" thing and they only did that in 2007. So, yeah, most Christian denomiations continue to say if you aren't baptized and you don't accept Jesus as your savior then you don't get into heaven.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There is no such thing as a soul. If there is brain activity, it stops. Period.
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X