The Fate of Aborted Fetuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another circle jerk then
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• It's better than someone banging on about how they must be able to defy the laws of physics or else they would just be a worthless clump of matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
        It's better than someone banging on about how they must be able to defy the laws of physics or else they would just be a worthless clump of matter.
        I'm sure you produce some value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          I'm sure you produce some value.
          Is this a Marxist thing?

Comment

Is this a Marxist thing?
            Value Village is not a rural Marxist commune, but a Canadian thrift shop.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by snrjefe View Post
              Finally. That was some seriously messed up stuff. One would think a hospital would know better. I hope the forthcoming lawsuit puts a stop to this kind of crap. Since the hospital obviously does not have reasonable morals, perhaps a swift kick in the bottom line will make it clear to their financial senses. I look forward to ignoring the pro-life arguments around this as they are without merit.
              The hospital was put in a very difficult position because of the law as written. They were erring on the side of not getting prosecuted by the state. I do not agree with what they did--not at all--but I can understand the reasons behind it.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• The hospital was put in a very difficult position because of the law as written. They were erring on the side of not getting prosecuted by the state. I do not agree with what they did--not at all--but I can understand the reasons behind it.
                What happens then if the baby is breathing on his own? What would you do, Guy?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

There might have been a relevant case for abortion if there was a life vs life arguement. Medical professionals have to make triage judgements all the time (though only in one case is one class of human always lose against another).

This is not the case here, someone's ventilator decision has zero leverage over someones elses life.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• It's over.
                    You need to read the article better. No, it's not. She's still on the ventilator and the hospital is appealing.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• This is not the case here, someone's ventilator decision has zero leverage over someones elses life.
                      At 24 weeks, the hospital has two patients here now - 1 in 3 chance of survival for one. They have to do what they can to save the child.

Comment

• Fair enough, Guynemer. But there's no other way to compensate the family for the ****ty law. At least of the hospital pays for it, the cost of it will be spread over all the other people who get treated there. Too bad he can't sue the state or the individual legislators responsible for crafting this particular ****-sandwich of a law.

Comment

• That was some seriously messed up stuff. One would think a hospital would know better. I hope the forthcoming lawsuit puts a stop to this kind of crap. Since the hospital obviously does not have reasonable morals, perhaps a swift kick in the bottom line will make it clear to their financial senses. I look forward to ignoring the pro-life arguments around this as they are without merit.
                          Right, as opposed to saving the life of a child 24 weeks along and letting the father grieve later rather than sooner. Terrible morals there, absolutely terrible morals. Oh wait. Your side is 'prochoice' NOT. Proabortion maybe.

Comment

• At least of the hospital pays for it, the cost of it will be spread over all the other people who get treated there. Too bad he can't sue the state or the individual legislators responsible for crafting this particular ****-sandwich of a law.
                            If it were his daughter that were on the ventilator, would you support him trying to burn his wife on a funeral pyre?

Comment

Is this a Marxist thing?
                              Is this another failed troll that some nice person will fix for you?

Comment

• Bringing this back up for Ben

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Actually they emailed me the results, and OF COURSE, you are wrong .

Liberal Quakerism (100%)
                                Liberal Christian Protestantism(98%)
                                Orthodox Quakerism(98%)
                                Conservative Christian Protestant(88%)
                                Unitarian Universalism(88%)
                                Roman Catholicism(82%)
                                Seventh-day Adventists(79%)
                                Reformed Judaism(74%)
                                Eastern Orthodox Christianity(71%)
                                New Thought(57%)
                                Bahá'í Faith(53%)
                                Neo-Paganism(51%)
                                Sikhism(51%)
                                Hinduism(50%)
                                Orthodox Judaism(47%)
                                Secular Humanism(44%)
                                Church of Christ, Scientist(43%)
                                New Age(43%)
                                Taoism(42%)
                                Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints(39%)
                                Theravada Buddhism(39%)
                                Islam(37%)
                                Mahayana Buddhism(36%)
                                Scientology(35%)
                                Jainism(28%)
                                Jehovah's Witnesses(26%)
                                Atheism(24%)
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X