Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok - get over it then.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• I really don't know what getting over something/someone means. We broke up 7 years ago. Normally, I think about her every few months, as a passing thought or memory, and that's that. Occasionally we chat online.

But then, every once in awhile, this sort of thing happens. I mean, reading through those old chat logs, reading the days leading up to the break up, the way I treated her, the hurt I caused her... her still wanting to be me with me throughout all of it and not understanding how I wasn't trying harder to keep the relationship together... and me not understanding how she could still love me after all I put her through... ****, I was in tears, a slobbering mess, after 7 years.

And I'm sure in a week I'll have moved on from this and be fine again for the foreseeable future. But if all of that is just beneath the surface, easily exposed by reading a few thousands words, am I really over it?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• The main thing is to use it as a lesson and to 'move on' by never making the same mistakes again. I think the most interesting point is you saying you not understanding how she could still love you after all you put her through. Maybe you felt you didn't deserve her and that's why you let her go...?

Everything you need to know about finding and keeping a good relationship is right there in those chat logs etc. Maybe this is your subconscious reminding you for the next one and admonishing you for giving into EBF's wishes again?

Cherish the positives and don't dwell on the negatives: if you can learn from these episodes, it can only make you a better person and improve the chances of your next relationship succeeding in the way that you want it to...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Wow. What happened to the misanthropic Möbius I thought I knew?
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Lori? This is all sounding a bit monomaniacal. I'd suggest shagging this "EBF" (who almost certainly isn't evil at all), getting it out of your system and moving on.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
              Wow. What happened to the misanthropic Möbius I thought I knew?
              Indeed.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                Lori? This is all sounding a bit monomaniacal. I'd suggest shagging this "EBF" (who almost certainly isn't evil at all), getting it out of your system and moving on.
                I'll not be shagging EBF. As I said before, she's engaged. And no, she's not evil. But some people think she is, so it amuses me to say she is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  As I said before, she's engaged.

And that's the only reason you're giving.

Comment

• There are plenty of reasons, but that reason is sufficient. Others include: she's repeatedly told me that she's not interested in me sexually, I'm not comfortable with casual sex, we don't live near each other anymore, she hurt me a great deal... need I go on?

Comment

I'll not be shagging EBF. As I said before, she's engaged. And no, she's not evil. But some people think she is, so it amuses me to say she is.
                      She doesn't have to be evil to be an unhealthy influence. Some don't realise what they're doing and others just can't help themselves. If you're not going to have sex with her, you really should redouble your efforts to keep contact brief and shallow when you can't avoid it.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Oh, she's most certainly an unhealthy influence. But the wedding's over. Things will go back to normal. She'll send me messages from time to time and I'll ignore them.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          Wow. What happened to the misanthropic Möbius I thought I knew?
                          I keep telling everyone, I'm nice MOBIUS now. Well, except to Ben and the Kuci-runt twins...

Comment

Oh, she's most certainly an unhealthy influence. But the wedding's over. Things will go back to normal. She'll send me messages from time to time and I'll ignore them.
                            Just remember to ignore them!

You're her plaything and she got to play with you all over again on the weekend...

Comment

There are plenty of reasons, but that reason is sufficient. Others include: she's repeatedly told me that she's not interested in me sexually, I'm not comfortable with casual sex, we don't live near each other anymore, she hurt me a great deal... need I go on?

Yes, but you love her.

Comment

• I long ago gave up trying to classify my feelings toward EBF. But I do know this: just thinking about her makes me angry.

Comment

Working...
                                X