No announcement yet.

for kid: math proves women are evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good. Do you believe in the chemical imbalance theory?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Do you believe in the chemical imbalance theory?
      I believe that depression is a physical illness, yes, and should be treated the same way we treat other diseases. The problem is that it's not just 'one' disease. There are many kinds of depression, and different people will need different things. For me, it's tied to anxiety. It also helps when I get moderate daily physical activity. That, plus relocation to an area that gets a more even light distribution has made a real difference for me. Plus, I have to see a shrink every couple of weeks.

I think treatment is bound up in a bunch of things. Recovery isn't as simple as "give someone some pills". The pills help correct the imbalance, but they won't fix the underlying problems that brought this about in the first place. This means lifestyle changes. I'm not where I want to be as an end goal, but I'm slowly getting there.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If something else caused the depression, not the chemical imbalance. And supposidely the chemical imbalance is corrected but you still have depression why do you take the pills?

I had anxiety and maybe depression. They gave me pills, some for anxiety and some for depression. They sad it would take 60 days for the anti-depressants to work. In less than a week both anxiety and depression were gone so I stopped taking all pills. They told me to keep taking them or I will be at risk of suicide. Don't they know that some people comit suicide on the pills? There's no way I'm taking pills unless necessary.

Comment

If something else caused the depression, not the chemical imbalance. And supposidely the chemical imbalance is corrected but you still have depression why do you take the pills?
          How it worked for me.

Relocation to a different climate + stress of university + my predisposition brought about an imbalance which eventually resulted in clinical depression in my second year. Changed a lot of things in my life which did help, but never got actual treatment for the imbalance. Eventually led to me dropping out as my depression continued. Came to Texas and realized what was missing in my life from before and how happy I was having these things, and then decided to fix my life again, (still without treatment), through relocation and re-enrolling in school.

I didn't finally receive a proper diagnosis until I was 25, and didn't go on antidepressants until the following year. Had treatment, recovered, didn't change the triggers in my life and came off of anti-depressants. Then my father passed on and my life stayed about the same. I finally got to tackle some of the important life changes that I wanted (at the cost of some of my support system), by relocating again. Went back on them in 2012, and have stayed on.

As I said, there are still triggers in my life that will eventually provoke the same imbalance if left untreated. Plus, I have a predisposition so I have to be careful. Again, my life is not where it needs to be in terms of having a support system.

Don't they know that some people comit suicide on the pills? There's no way I'm taking pills unless necessary.
          Some people attempt suicide after coming off of them and leaving themselves untreated.
          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 15, 2013, 13:28.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

To put it lightly most of the people in the mental health field have a feminist persective with regard to men's issues. To them your depression stems from not recognizing your priviledge and your tendency to rape women. Seriously, there's a lot of man-haters there.

Men don't get the respect anymore like the WWII generation does. The babyboomers ****ed this country up. At my church all the bbabyboomer wives constantly put their husbands down and these are good men. They're whipped but besides that they have stuck by their wives that have no respect for them. It starts Iin the schools now which is why boys don't do as well. The teachers don't like boys anymore and the boys know it.

Comment

lol I have never heard of any mental health professional claiming depression is caused by men not recognizing their privilege and tendency to rape women.

Comment

To put it lightly most of the people in the mental health field have a feminist persective with regard to men's issues. To them your depression stems from not recognizing your priviledge and your tendency to rape women. Seriously, there's a lot of man-haters there.
                Yeah, I had a counselor like that when I was up in PG. Dumped her after one session. Found someone competent through my priest.

Men don't get the respect anymore like the WWII generation does. The babyboomers ****ed this country up. At my church all the bbabyboomer wives constantly put their husbands down and these are good men. They're whipped but besides that they have stuck by their wives that have no respect for them. It starts Iin the schools now which is why boys don't do as well. The teachers don't like boys anymore and the boys know it.
                I teach, I specifically request the boys so that they have a teacher who's going to work with them not against them. I had one parent who insisted that 'letting the boys be boys' was abusive, and filed complaints to try to get me fired. We had a meeting with my principal and it came out in the wash that she had issues with the Catholic church, (specifically the teachings on a male priesthood), and she wanted me fired. My boss told her that her options were to take her son out of the school (no refunds!), or to stay till the end of the term. She wasn't going to transfer her son to another teacher.

I'm very happy where I teach, one of the reasons I moved is that boys are not very well served in education today.

Comment

What part of Canada are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Women think you are a pig. I'm serious. Get a bunch of women together and ask them to give you one word to discribe men. You aren't going to get any compliments. Of course when they are on a date with you they just compliment the hell out of you.

They want money and dick. They think you are a pig.
                    No Kid, they think YOU are a pig. And Ben too. Big difference.
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      What? She was a Canadian who has a degree in history,
                      Worth at least two bottle tops from blueberry flavoured maple syrup bottles.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I had one parent who insisted that 'letting the boys be boys' was abusive, and filed complaints to try to get me fired.
                        It's never, ever Sister Bendy Of The Eternally Erroneous Assumptions fault- has anyone else noticed this ? It was his gay landlord's fault, he wasn't taught Woodrow Wilson was a racist in high school, the Dutch were to blame for his not knowing their history....

Beck has a song all about you, Sister B.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          They want money and dick. They think you are a pig.
                          Do most of the women you know work at strip clubs?
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

What part of Canada are you from?
                            I'm from the northern interior of British Columbia. Prince George. Raised there since I was three.

There are issues with what is in the public curriculum and there are issues there with the job climate. Most young folks have moved and stayed away, which is devastating for young teachers. Schools have closed, and more will continue to close.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 16, 2013, 13:10.

Comment

And Ben too. Big difference
                              I've never been called a pig in my life by any woman.

It's never, ever Sister Bendy Of The Eternally Erroneous Assumptions fault- has anyone else noticed this ?
                              In this case, it had nothing to do with me but everything to do with the fact that the Parent was a poor fit for the school. She's the only parent who's complained since I started teaching there.

Comment

I've never been called a pig in my life by any woman.
                                Oh that's right, women won't even speak to you in the first place if they have any sense...
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X