No announcement yet.

Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boil in bag rice... I mean seriously. Do you know how easy it is (and how much cheaper) to just get a big bag of rice and cook it in water in a pot?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
      $2 for $0.25 worth of rice.
      THIS!!!

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Even if he can't be bothered to learn, modern rice cookers are cheap little miracle workers. I can't tell you how nice it is to wake up to the smell of freshly cooked jasmine rice wafting through the house.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Yep, mine doubles up as a sloooooow cooker...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I have no patience for slow cooking anyway so I'm not going to buy a ****ing rice cooker for the once every month or two that I eat rice. Anyway even if boil in bag rice (which I bought for the sole reason that it was in the same aisle as the water chestnuts) is 8 times as expensive as ordinary rice, I'm not inclined to give much of a **** when it's $2 for what amounts to 2 pounds of rice once boiled.

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            I don't understand why people have such strong opinions about food. Then again, I barely have a sense of taste.

Comment

• Reg approves of barely having a sense of taste?

Comment

• ...and whaddaya mean, no patience for slow cooking??? You do a minimum of prep (some browning, maybe blooming some spices), throw it in the pot, turn it on and go about your business. You come home and it's all ready. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                  Holy. ****ing. Christ.

Poor food, cooked poorly, bought expensively...
                  I'm almost more shocked by the apparently plastic bowl and spoon. I mean wtf..?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    ...and whaddaya mean, no patience for slow cooking??? You do a minimum of prep (some browning, maybe blooming some spices), throw it in the pot, turn it on and go about your business. You come home and it's all ready. Seriously.
                    This. Slow cooking is the ultimate lazy persons way of getting kickass tasty food without takeout. Walking in from work to a casserole that's been slow cooking for 8 hours is absolutely incredible.

Comment

• Generally, the only canned vegetables I use are pumpkin, and diced tomatoes -- and the canned tomatoes are for when the fresh ones turn crap over winter.

Comment

• or

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• For convenience, or for the difference in flavor and texture? Minute rice is legitimately different due to the parboiling process it goes through, and some prefer the extra creaminess.

Comment

• Not me.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Good, its pasty slop anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                                I'm almost more shocked by the apparently plastic bowl and spoon. I mean wtf..?
                                Uh what the hell is wrong with plastic mixing bowls? Or the spoon. Plastic spoons/spatulas/etc don't scratch nonstick pans. **** metal kitchenware (except for knives obviously).

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Boil in bag rice... I mean seriously. Do you know how easy it is (and how much cheaper) to just get a big bag of rice and cook it in water in a pot?
                                Not enough to matter.

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                                Generally, the only canned vegetables I use are pumpkin, and diced tomatoes -- and the canned tomatoes are for when the fresh ones turn crap over winter.
                                **** this. **** fresh fruits and vegetables so hard. They suck. They go bad in like three days to a week.

I buy apples fresh (never organic ones though) but other than that, it's canned or frozen.

Comment

Working...
                                X