No announcement yet.

Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have mainly two kinds of taco over here.

The one in a taco shell:

And the one in a tortilla:

Personally I like the last one best.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Oh! I almost forgot. Fajitas are also much used:

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Its mostly the things people personalize it with- ive seen cut corn and cucumbers lurking in there. You've taken a standard new mexican snack treat and made it all weird and scandy.

Like Saunas and Binge Drinking.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I'm not knocking it because the regionalization of foods from other countries has produced some pretty interesting fusions over the years. Think of how American Italian food is different from actual Italian food or how American Chinese food is different from mainland Chinese food. Heck, even Indian Chinese food is really good yet different so I can see Norwegian tacos being good but different. On a related note a few years back I tried something which we called a "Norwegian burrito" which was lefse, a potato flatbread which looks a lot like a flour tortilla, and they rolled it up with ham & eggs, sausage, etc... It was actually pretty good.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
            We have mainly two kinds of taco over here.

The one in a taco shell:

And the one in a tortilla:

Personally I like the last one best.
            Both of those are more Tex-Mex than actual Mexican. For starters in Mexico all tacos use white corn tortilla not yellow corn or flour also none of the tacos in Mexico (at least not traditionally) had a crunchy shell.

Comment

• How much cumin is in those? How much cilantro?
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                I'm not knocking it because the regionalization of foods from other countries has produced some pretty interesting fusions over the years. Think of how American Italian food is different from actual Italian food or how American Chinese food is different from mainland Chinese food. Heck, even Indian Chinese food is really good yet different so I can see Norwegian tacos being good but different. On a related note a few years back I tried something which we called a "Norwegian burrito" which was lefse, a potato flatbread which looks a lot like a flour tortilla, and they rolled it up with ham & eggs, sausage, etc... It was actually pretty good.
                Lefse is very good. We have a similar thing called lompe which is used for sausages/hot dogs some places.

Comment

• At least in northern Mexico tacos usually look like this:

The meat is cut off of a trompa which looks like this:

Usually there are two white corn tortilla, which are smaller than even the small tortillas you find in the US, and the tortillas are dipped in the juices dripping off of the meat on the trompa and then lightly toasted on a flat iron stove before the meat, toppings, and salsa is put on them. Typically they're sold two for $1 though some of the cheap places will sell them three for $1 and they come with free sides of all the grilled onions, grilled peppers, grilled tomatoes, and pickled veggies you can eat.

Comment

• Pickled red onions are the best.

Comment

• I wouldn't be staring at that guy's daughter.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                        I think it's a case of experimentation and the fact that he hasn't come across something he's liked yet.

Maybe his tastebuds are still immature, for example?

When I was young I didn't like beer and the like. I think I start on sweet things and distinctly remember a Malibu and Coke phase... After that I gravitated onto the 'hard stuff' like Southern Comfort, mainly because my mum's boyfriend drank it.

Also it's a definite case of quality: I refused to drink whiskey for the longest time because the first time I tried it I had Johnny Walker Red

Good drink is like good food - next Reg will be saying he's a boring meat and 2 veg kind of guy - or some kind of bollocks like 'food is fuel'...

Moby was this some sort of admission that you are/were a real soak?
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Both of those are more Tex-Mex than actual Mexican. For starters in Mexico all tacos use white corn tortilla not yellow corn or flour also none of the tacos in Mexico (at least not traditionally) had a crunchy shell.
                          Tex-Mex uses ground beef in tacos and enchiladas, primarily. No potatoes or other vegetables in them. Skirt steak in fajitas.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                            I wouldn't be staring at that guy's daughter.
                            He does have a rather large knife, doesn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
                              Reg, **** booze. I'm Russian and I don't drink.
                              The reason I was teasing you about being Russian and not drinking is that American views of Russians seem colored by experiences in 1945 when the Soviet and American Armies finally linked up in Germany. There are lots of stories about Russians drinking Americans under the table and still seeming hardly drunk. The stereotype is that Russians can drink their body weight in vodka while Americans puke themselves and pass out.

Comment

The reason I was teasing you about being Russian and not drinking is that American views of Russians seem colored by experiences in 1945 when the Soviet and American Armies finally linked up in Germany. There are lots of stories about Russians drinking Americans under the table and still seeming hardly drunk. The stereotype is that Russians can drink their body weight in vodka while Americans puke themselves and pass out.
                                Could perceptions of Russians also have something to do with Russia having one of the highest rates of alcohol consumption in the world?

Comment

Working...
                                X