No announcement yet.

Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And he has hit that price point so where's the problem?

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

edit: just found the receipt, total cost came out to with tax $9.98. For a week.
    It's really about wanting to feel superior.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Sharing money saving ideas which others have found to be convenient is about feeling superior? Really? I always thought of it as just sharing personal experiences. :/
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Unsolicited advice.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Welcome to Poly.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• When it comes to rice cookers I went a little overboard and got the Zojirushi Gojira 9000 from Amazon. It cost an insane amount of money, but being American I can afford a finely crafted rice cooker. Cheap food is for communists.

For the record, brown rice is way better for you than white, although rancidity makes it inappropriate for long term storage. White rice, like canned food, belongs in your SHTF stash, not in your kitchen.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
              Why not cook the rice in a normal pan? It takes 5 min with normal rice and 15 with the rice bags. And cost you nothing extra.
              Well, depends on what kind of rice he's cooking. Some of the east asian varieties are terrible toasted and then boiled/steamed reduced but thats how you roll with the persian varieties
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                Unsolicited advice.
                Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                I don't know why you all care so much about what Reg eats. He's happy with it.
                Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                I rarely agree with the kucibros, but I do here. Different people care about different things. Some people don't care about food. Who cares?
                We care about the well-being of our extended Apolyton family!*

*Prices and participation may vary. Limited time offer. Void where prohibited.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  When it comes to rice cookers I went a little overboard and got the Zojirushi Gojira 9000 from Amazon. It cost an insane amount of money, but being American I can afford a finely crafted rice cooker. Cheap food is for communists.

For the record, brown rice is way better for you than white, although rancidity makes it inappropriate for long term storage. White rice, like canned food, belongs in your SHTF stash, not in your kitchen.
                  I've been buying brown basmati for exactly that reason. I usually buy the brown basmati in 5lb bags then mix is about 50-50 with white basmati to help lighten up the texture a bit. It seems like a good combination plus it goes well with many of the prepackaged Indian spice mixes for rice which I buy from one of the local Indian markets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Just go to any Asian market and you can buy a 20lb bag of high quality rice for $10-$15. Do the the math and you'll see TMM is right. Plus the 20lb bag will last for at least a year if not longer. Heck, they even sell the 20lb bags of rice at
                    Costco these days and it forms a nice base for any meal, you don't have to do anything other than put it in the rice cooker, and it goes with just about anything. It's perfect for your needs.
                    I would not eat that much rice in two years.

The reason I use canned and frozen vegetables is because they are inoffensive. They keep longer, and I don't have the ability right now to schedule my meals such that I can guarantee I'll use all my ingredients before they spoil unless they keep for a long time.

Alcohol, on the other hand, just tastes flat out bad. It's nasty. It's bitter. It's not less fresh than virgin drinks, it's just gross.

Comment

• You should totally go get tested to see if you have the super tasting ability. From there you should pick up smoking and become a chef. Its what most chefs are/do.
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I'm kind of curious what sort of food the Kuci family ate at home. Was it rather bland? I ask because several of my older (now departed) British family members were also very picky about anything with a hint of spice or flavor in it because that's just what they were used to growing up back in Scotland back in the day. Heck, my grandparents even considered garlic to be a borderline exotic flavor. They just really liked bland food, I guess.
                        Last edited by Dinner; December 3, 2013, 17:57.

Comment

• Garlic was considered something you didn't eat if you were to meet other people within the next day or two, here in Norway until the late 90s. Things began to change back in the 80s, when tacos got introduced and we also got a lot of immigrants from exotic countries from the mid 70s on, but it took some good two decades before it got mainstream.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Garlic was considered something you didn't eat if you were to meet other people within the next day or two, here in Norway until the late 90s. Things began to change back in the 80s, when tacos got introduced and we also got a lot of immigrants from exotic countries from the mid 70s on, but it took some good two decades before it got mainstream.
                            Dude, get the **** out with those things you call tacos over there. They are just...I can't believe...there are no words.

Comment

• How would you know?
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

How would you know?
                                I've seen things on scandanavian fashion/lifestyle blogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X