Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    My dinner from last night (and probably for the next week because it's about 6-7 pounds of food). The chicken and rice weren't canned but everything else was.

If you'll eat that every day for an entire week you have no right to complain about how booze or anything else tastes.

Comment

• Are you kidding? Chicken and green bean casserole is ****ing delicious. At worst it's inoffensive, unlike alcohol.

Comment

• Hell, just buy this and enter a whole new world of cheap convenience. With the cost of boil in bag vs. PROPER RICE it will pay for itself inside of six weeks.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I don't eat enough rice for that to matter. In terms of grain I mostly eat corn (canned) and potatoes (obviously not canned).

I bet you all would enjoy life a lot more if you learned to enjoy mediocre food like I do.

Comment

• It also works as a steamer and slow cooker. It is the perfect college companion.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              My dinner from last night (and probably for the next week because it's about 6-7 pounds of food). The chicken and rice weren't canned but everything else was.

Holy. ****ing. Christ.

Poor food, cooked poorly, bought expensively...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• That was really really cheap so I have no idea what you're talking about. Like altogether I think the ingredients might have been $10-$15.

And it was cooked AWESOMELY, thank you very much. It's kinda hard to **** up chicken in a pan, not that it matters cause it was immediately refrigerated and reheated in the microwave at dinnertime.

edit: just found the receipt, total cost came out to with tax $9.98. For a week.

I'm obviously not counting the worcester sauce or garlic powder because I already had those. Not pictured are the french fried onions which I throw on top; I'm toasting those as I eat it.
                Last edited by regexcellent; December 3, 2013, 12:37.

Comment

• Looks bland as ****.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• One dinner, $10-$15!!?

It's still relatively expensive for an entire week - assuming those are the only ingredients...

Like I said: Poor food, cooked poorly, bought expensively...

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      One dinner, $10-$15!!?
                      No. A week.

It's still relatively expensive for an entire week - assuming those are the only ingredients...
                      So you pay less than $1.40 for your dinners?

It must be because you're spending all your money on booze, which actually is expensive outsize to its value.

The recipe:

Code:
                      Cut up 2lbs of chicken breast into bite size chunks
                      Put in lubricated pan
                      Add 1.5 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
                      Add a bunch of garlic powder
                      Cook until not pink
                      Add whole can cream of mushroom
                      Add half can cream of chicken
                      Add 1 cup milk
                      Mix around until it thins
                      Put green beans, water chestnuts in collander
                      Toast french fried onions for 2 minutes
                      Boil rice according to instructions
                      Mix it all together

Comment

• My lunch today was pasta pesto with chorizo, made in a batch by yours truly, taking about 15 mins start to finish:

Ingredients:

Bronze die penne (the nice pasta)
                        chorizo (nice not cheap)
                        Sun dried tomatoes (quality stuff)
                        Red pesto (quality stuff)
                        Artichokes (quality stuff)
                        Capers (quality stuff)
                        Roasted Peppers (quality stuff)

Nice condiments on top and grana padano cheese grated over.

Four portions cooked, estimated price per portion, maybe 65p - or about $1.07 each...

Good quality and delicious food, cooked properly and bought cheaply - none of this crap outrageously expensive and adulterated boil in the bag bollocks!

Comment

• For christ's sake the boil in bag rice was $2, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

• $2 for $0.25 worth of rice.

Comment

• I have a tendency to stay away from recipes that include

Add a bunch of garlic powder
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I don't understand why people have such strong opinions about food. Then again, I barely have a sense of taste.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X