No announcement yet.

Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I've stated several times in this forum that my diet consists mostly of canned food.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      Learn to google better, otherwise I'll have to start calling you Ben after all...

Animals simply love to get high too: http://www.australiangeographic.com....-their-fix.htm
      None of this demonstrates that the drunk scenes in Animals Are Beautiful People weren't staged, ****.

One scene depicts baboons, elephants, giraffes, warthogs and other animals eating rotten, fermented fruit of the Marula tree. The intoxicated animals then stagger around for comic effect. In the morning, we see one baboon wake up, disheveled, next to a warthog, and quietly exit the burrow, as not to wake her. Some experts have claimed that some scenes were likely staged; elephants would be too large, for example, and drink too much water (diluting the alcohol) to get intoxicated.[1]

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        I think I've stated several times in this forum that my diet consists mostly of canned food.
        How much sodium do you consume in a day?

Comment

The intoxicated animals then stagger around for comic effect.
          Yeah, all the animals pretended to get pissed and were in cahoots with the film makers...

In the morning, we see one baboon wake up, disheveled, next to a warthog, and quietly exit the burrow, as not to wake her.
          Or was it you and Ben dressed up as a baboon and a warthog instead?

I was merely proving that animals do get wasted in the wild, on purpose, whereas you've merely linked to a wikipedia article where 'some' 'experts' have 'claimed' that 'some' scenes were 'likely' 'staged'...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I never claimed animals never get drunk in the wild, so your "proof" is irrelevant.

Comment

No, I'd say it's still relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                I drink something like five drinks each week, if that even.
                Oh Lord, Reg... even MrFun is more interesting than you
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If you think the amount of alcohol you drink is equivalent to how interesting you are then you're a goddamn moron HTH. Have fun with your cirrhosis.

Comment

Someone who has a few drinks is more interesting than those who go "eww, alcohol", in my experience.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Someone who follows along is more interesting than those who go their own way, in my experience.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Usually that is true too . Those who "go their own way" are usually following someone else anyways, and can't wait to tell you how much better it is or how the thing everyone is doing sucks (ie, vegans, teetotalers)

Comment

• After the food comment, he is dead to me... *

* Actually he was already dead to me, so no real loss...

Comment

• My dinner from last night (and probably for the next week because it's about 6-7 pounds of food). The chicken and rice weren't canned but everything else was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                              You waited until you were 21 to drink? I bet you'd have given up your guns to George III as well. After all, you've got to obey the law.

Forget booze. Smoke weed.
                              KABOOM!
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• LEARN TO COOK RICE.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X