Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A younger me would be throwing a brick right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? Seriously, **** them; they have no excuse. We might need to get a crew together and throw bricks until CT pulls its head out of its ass.
    I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

I feel like I might be the right man for that particular job...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Act like you're a valet and park her customers on the next block and then leave.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dude, a lot of people are immune to reason.
          Yeah, had a business owner like that once when I did delivery. Would piss and moan about the drivers coming in and parking in the front of the lot rather than in the back, 'because that's where the help goes'. He also *****ed about drivers coming into the store and waiting around until the pizza was ready. He said he wanted the help in their cars rather than in the store.

He also sent me to 'collect money from deadbeats'. Guess who reported that crap to his boss cutting him off of delivery business entirely? Guess who had to go around and beg for help from said drivers so that he could hire his own driver?

I'd just make photocopies of the penis picture and paste it on the front of the store.

Also - if she's the manager - see if you can't get the phone number of the store owner.
          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 13, 2013, 14:12.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

My wife works with the owner's husband. This may not end well for the manager...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Uh oh. I could send Gweedo over to pay a visit.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                I've found people far more rude in ct than in nyc
                I could have told you that years ago sight unseen.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Manager (not owner) of a store beneath my apartment is crazy about anybody parking in public spaces in front of her store. She's yelled at me multiple times, then two weeks ago she yelled at my houseguests, and today I found a drawing of a penis stuck to my motorcycle (saying "move please").

***** don't know who she's messing with.
                  I thought you had some hoighty-toity 6 figure job. What are you doing living anywhere without your own parking space?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                    One tactic I have used in the past to defuse cases like this is to give her your credit card, tell her to spend as much as she wants for 24 hours, report it stolen, and claim that she is armed. The police will mop her up for you.
                    I remember that. Good times were had by all.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Make bank
                      Live below your means
                      Retire early
                      Tell the Man to screw himself
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                        I thought you had some hoighty-toity 6 figure job. What are you doing living anywhere without your own parking space?
                        lulz 6 figure = hoighty toity. Do you still live in a world where 100k family income is anything more than middle class?

Also, I choose to save my money rather than spend it on silly ****. My rent is less than 2500 a month.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          Make bank
                          Live below your means
                          Retire early
                          Tell the Man to screw himself
                          **** you money
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

PChang is a nice guy. I enjoyed having beers with him and even more since he bought them.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The only possible answer is killdozer.
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

My rent is less than 2500 a month.
                                And that's low?!

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X