lived and were loved and now we lie
    In Flanders' Fields

Take up our quarrel with the foe
    to you with failing hands we throw
    the torch be yours to hold it high
    lest ye break faith with those who die
    we shall not rest, though poppies blow
    In Flander's Fields.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
    Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
    They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
    They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
    They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
    They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
    They sleep beyond England's foam

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ben can go **** himself!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This thread is a memorial, DaShi. Please confine your comments elsewhere.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Ben Kenobi is ****ting all over the veterans who gave their lives so that DaShi could say whatever he likes.

Comment

Ben Kenobi is ****ting all over the veterans who gave their lives so that DaShi could say whatever he likes.
            Disrespect is still disrespect.

Comment

Seriously folks. Keep your dirt elsewhere!
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yes, a lesson I wish ben would learn.

Thanks to all the vets.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks rah.

Comment

It's kind of sad that the whole Remembrance Day/Poppy appeal thing started with a poem that basically says "Keep fighting the Germans or we'll haunt you".
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It's kind of sad that the whole Remembrance Day/Poppy appeal thing started with a poem that basically says "Keep fighting the Germans or we'll haunt you".
                      It's a tragic war all around. Moreso the need to recall so that those who gave their lives did not do so in vain. And the fact that the only thing to celebrate about it is the Armistice. Nobody won. France lost her Empire. England lost hers. Germany lost her Emperor and collapsed to Nazi Germany. Russia did the same. The turks were taken over and collapsed. Same with the Austrians. And the Serbs who started it all?

Nobody was better off in 1919 than they were in 1913.

Comment

You forgot Poland.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          Seriously folks. Keep your dirt elsewhere!
                          Every time a memorial thread is posted, Ben posts his own and tries to ruin the other one. He doesn't care at all about veterans. His thread is an insult to them.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You forgot Poland.
                            I didn't forget Poland. Poland escaped within a hairsbreadth from being reannexed into Russia.

Comment

Clearly worse than being ruled by Russia.

Comment

Working...
                              X