Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republicans have once again demonstrated that they are the party...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
    I miss dark sticky brown ale. I have to learn to drink wine.
    You can have both, you know.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Eh? MrFun doesn't do it well.

x-post....obviously
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        ...and you should know.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• No, but he does have an affinity for reposting them.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            You can have both, you know.
            If you know a place in Paris that sells [good] ale, let me know.

Comment

• English Pubs, Restaurants & Microbreweries in Paris, Toulouse and Bordeaux. The centre of English expat social life.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                Why didn't you ever become a professional/paid spin doctor for a Republican politician? You package your distortions and unbalanced viewpoint very well.
                Yes...the Republicans are the grownups here. Anyone who believes differently is deep in the Obama Kool-Aid. Just look at how people who support him respond.
                Thank you.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  Actually, it was Tea Bagger-type Republicans in U.S. Congress who had the "my way or the highway" attitude.

They presented a list of demands for President Obama without budging on anything themselves.
                  Apparently they did budge...for the overall good of the country. Obama would have let us default before he budged...and said so.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Frog and Rosbif looks like a good shout.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                      Apparently they did budge...for the overall good of the country. Obama would have let us default before he budged...and said so.
                      I blame George Bush for letting 9/11 happen rather than just withdrawing aid from Israel, removing all troops from the Middle East, and giving Al Qaeda whatever other nonsense they wanted.

At the very least, he should have tried negotiating.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Petulant child realises he won't get the toy he wanted and agrees to leave the store. Claims to have acted grown up about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                          Petulant child realises he won't get the toy he wanted and agrees to leave the store. Claims to have acted grown up about it.

Comment

You are just so precious, PLATO.

Tea Bagger-type Republicans finally relented to pressure from moderate (sane, smart) Republicans and Democrats; they did not give up because they were thinking of the greater good of their country.

There was nothing grown-up about how the Tea Bagger-type Republicans gave up; especially now that some of them insist that they will try to shut the government down again, in January to continue their fight.

Comment

• Actually, a lot of Tea Party republicans still voted against the debt deal.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                                Actually, a lot of Tea Party republicans still voted against the debt deal.
                                Yep, you're right. My bad.

And I was not kidding when I said that Tea Bagger-type Republicans want to try to shut the government down again, as soon as the temporary deal is over. Look it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X