Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    So the synod didn't agree with what the pope wanted, but he wants the document published anyway. I guess you're not the only heathen in the church Ben, a number of bishops are also refusing to follow the papal way. It's a shame that you disregard the popes wishes which presumably are also gods wishes.

Comment

• So the synod didn't agree with what the pope wanted, but he wants the document published anyway. I guess you're not the only heathen in the church Ben, a number of bishops are also refusing to follow the papal way. It's a shame that you disregard the popes wishes which presumably are also gods wishes.

The butthurt is strong.

One - the Pope supports the synod and the outcome.
      Two - the synod supports the Pope.
      Three- they synod and the Pope both support Catholic doctrine that homosexuality is sinful and disordered.

Not only do you misrepresent Catholic doctrine, you misrepresent the pope as well as failing to understand how the Magisterium works.

God is clear. Homosexuality is wrong. Nothing you write will change that.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• So if in two years time, the synod votes that gays are groovy, the catholic church will follow that.
        Seeing as there probably never was a proclamation this progressive before, I'd say things are moving along nicely.

Comment

The butthurt is strong.

One - the Pope supports the synod and the outcome.
          Two - the synod supports the Pope.
          Three- they synod and the Pope both support Catholic doctrine that homosexuality is sinful and disordered.

Not only do you misrepresent Catholic doctrine, you misrepresent the pope as well as failing to understand how the Magisterium works.

God is clear. Homosexuality is wrong. Nothing you write will change that.
          The pope is being very clear that he wants the church to stop making gays feel unwelcome and to embrace them as valued members of the church. The fact that you continue to treat them badly just shows that you don't care about the popes translation of gods wishes and are so arrogant that you think you know better. This is in no way a surprise to anyone.

Comment

• As far as Jesus is concerned, hatred for others is a much bigger sin than homosexuality. The Pope understands this.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• So if in two years time, the synod votes that gays are groovy, the catholic church will follow that.
              Again, the teaching cannot and will not change.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• As far as Jesus is concerned, hatred for others is a much bigger sin than homosexuality
                And condemning someone to hell by teaching error is even worse still.

Comment

• The pope is being very clear that he wants the church to stop making gays feel unwelcome
                  What you aren't getting is that everyone is a sinner. He wants the Church to welcome sinners so that they can repent.

and to embrace them as valued members of the church.
                  If they repent, I have no issue with them. The key point is repentence - to turn AWAY from their sins. I don't see why their sins should be different from everyone elses.

The fact that you continue to treat them badly just shows that you don't care about the popes translation of gods wishes
                  I care about those who are willfully misrepresenting the pope. It seems to matter very little what the Pope actually says is not what you claim he says.

Comment

Again, the teaching cannot and will not change.
                    If that was the case and everything was static, the Pope would not have made the comment.
                    (who, btw I thought was infallible, or has that changed too?)
                    Last edited by Bereta_Eder; October 19, 2014, 13:26.

Comment

• In some decades the catholic church will be like the church of england in this respect

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                        If that was the case and everything was static, the Pope would not have made the comment.
                        Infallible when sitting on Peter's chair, ie speaking on doctrine and invoking his infallibility. It happens very rarely.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

If they repent, I have no issue with them. The key point is repentence - to turn AWAY from their sins. I don't see why their sins should be different from everyone elses.
                          You just summed up your own arrogance nicely. It doesn't matter whether YOU have an issue with them, and it doesn't matter whether YOU see something. If you ever realize that humility is a key component of Christianity then you might just become a decent Christian.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          I care about those who are willfully misrepresenting the pope. It seems to matter very little what the Pope actually says is not what you claim he says.
                          What the pope is saying is clear to everyone except you. You're so determined to be right, that you'd rather ignore what he actually says, and insist he's agreeing with you when he quite clearly is not. Again it's just another sign of your arrogance and lack of humility.

Comment

• If that was the case and everything was static, the Pope would not have made the comment.
                            Which comment? The one where he affirmed Catholic doctrine on this issue, that homosexuality is sinful. Once again - the pope says something, y'all all say he didn't say it and said something completely different.

Comment

• It doesn't matter whether YOU have an issue with them
                              Again - homosexuality is a sin. Sinners must repent.

you might just become a decent Christian.
                              Gosh. Talk about arrogant. Someone who isn't a Christian telling Christians how to be Christians.

What the pope is saying is clear to everyone except you.
                              He's saying that they are sinners and must repent same as everyone else.

When are you going to convert to Catholicism, Kentonio, since you know more about what the Pope thinks than we do.

Comment

When are you going to convert to Catholicism, Kentonio, since you know more about what the Pope thinks than we do.
                                The only one here arguing against the pope is you, ironically. When are you going to stop pretending to be a Catholic?

Comment

Working...
                                X