Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have yet another mass shooting going on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    I guess the term "slave labor" doesn't have a universally accepted definition.

Does this mean China will soon render the US un-exceptional?
    No, cause their people are poor as ****.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      It really is impossible for you just to say "I was wrong. My bad. Sorry." Isn't it?
      Not actually trying to defend Ben here but when have you done that?

Comment

All the time on multiple forums. If I am wrong I usually do at least own up to it.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Nah. It's just pure racism. The people who believe in "American exceptionalism"... what color are they? What color do they believe you need to be in order to be "American"?
          I'm responsible for the sava 2 minute hate troll on America in a thread where Americans died? Gosh, I don't see why I'm responsible for other people's ****ty behavior. Back on topic.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            No, cause their people are poor as ****.
            Are we going by per capita GDP then? Maybe we should be discussing Norwegian exceptionalism.

Comment

If your country is smaller than ****ing singapore and loaded with oil then no there's nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                If your country is smaller than ****ing singapore and loaded with oil then no there's nothing special
                norway is smaller than singapore?! have you ever thought about consulting an atlas?

american exceptionalism certainly exists, because some americans believe in it. in the same sense that some greeks believe in greek exceptionalism and some pakistanis believe in pakistani exceptionalism and so on etc.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Singaporean exceptionalism then?

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                    norway is smaller than singapore?! have you ever thought about consulting an atlas?
                    Norway has 300,000 fewer people than Singapore. Have you ever consulted an atlas?

american exceptionalism certainly exists, because some americans believe in it. in the same sense that some greeks believe in greek exceptionalism and some pakistanis believe in pakistani exceptionalism and so on etc.
                    Yes but unlike Americans they are wrong.

Comment

The fact remains, you only count it if it makes America look good.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        Norway has 300,000 fewer people than Singapore. Have you ever consulted an atlas?
                        Maybe you should ask money back for your geography lessons - atlasses rarely say anything about population - they tend to say something about the size of countries.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          Nowadays it's the reverse, south is looking to have a much higher GDP than the north. You can thank unions for that.
                          What?

GDP per capita:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                            Maybe you should ask money back for your geography lessons - atlasses rarely say anything about population - they tend to say something about the size of countries.
                            If your atlas doesn't have population numbers it's a ****ty atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post

American exceptionalism exists because it must. We are the richest, most powerful nation in the world and the world's first modern constitutional democracy. Our system of government, culture, and way of life is the envy of and has been adopted globally. It is not the same as 'greek exceptionalism' or anything else so predicated on an ethnic identity. Americanism is life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, ideals with global appeal that must reach the darkest corners of the earth for the sustainment of human progress and the betterment of all mankind. A world without America is a dark world of suppression, genocide, and poverty.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                What?

GDP per capita:

Look at how rich northern Virginia is compared to the ****hole that is Philadelphia. I think you've proven HC's point.

Comment

Working...
                                X