Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have yet another mass shooting going on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    You probably have a cookie to some adware/malware installed on your computer. Look what add-ons you have on your browser, delete any you don't recognize, then run spybot search and destroy or some other program to remove what ever is on your system.
    Not likely. I recognize every process. ESET Smart Security running. Only FF add-ons are AdBlock, WoT and Download Status Bar. All plugins are recognized. It's possible there may be a single cookie somewhere. But this only occurs on Poly. And I recall it being a forum "feature".
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I had this problem a while back and it was something I downloaded but spybot took care of it.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
        I got ;em Friday, which would have been, like, 3 days before yesterday, for those of us unable to wrap their heads around "before" and "after".

I ordered ammo because I spent the whole ****ing month of January with nothing but surplus M2 Ball for my Garand, and I don't want to be in that situation again.
        Oh sorry, I was referring to your quote at the top of the page:

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
        I really am a terrible person.

The moment I heard about it I went to gunbot and ordered some 5.56 and .22lr
        And quoted the wrong quote because I was being lazy. My bad.

Anyway, my original point stands.
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Bull****.
          It is sad, or don't you think so?

More people are going to die again because the same thing is going to happen another week or two down the line, be it in a school, a cinema, a shopping mall, a military base.

Rinse. Repeat. Ad Infinitum.

Even more sad is that mass murder prompts someone like you to go out and buy even more weapons capable of mass murder.

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
            It really makes me sad that a terrible mass killing in the country actually makes people want to go out and buy MORE weapons and ammunition - it's like a never ending spiral that keeps seeming to get worse and worse...
            I actually agree. If people resisted the urge to panic buy, we wouldn't have all these distortions in the marketplace. Savvy sellers certainly benefit from the panic, but for the day to day consumer it's really frustrating to find limited stock and high prices. I wish people would just get it through their heads that Congress isn't going to take our guns. They'd have to break their moratorium on doing stuff for that to happen. So just be cool, and buy the weapons and ammunition that you would normally buy.

MOBIUS
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Apparently somebody paid adblock to not block certain ads. There's a way around it though. You can tell it to stop.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• how?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  I think it's more likely that you're being obtuse, idiot. It was plainly obvious to me that he was referring to population, not suggesting that a city-state had a larger geographical area than a Scandinavian country. Since reg is perfectly fluent in English, you should work on your reading comprehension. I'd start with See Spot Run.
                  i think you'll find that the normal way to say 'smaller population' is to say 'smaller population', not 'smaller' with no noun attached.

it looks like you and reg could take the same english course. perhaps they offer a discount for couples.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• If you actually thought that I believed that Singapore was largely in land area than Norway then you're the moron for not being able to come up with the OBVIOUS alternative measurement of size.

"Size" without further clarification could mean land area, it could mean land area plus internal water area (lakes and such, like Minnesota), it could mean population, it could mean ****ing volume, and you are hopefully smart enough to figure out from context that it was obviously number 3. ESPECIALLY since land area was irrelevant to the discussion, which was GDP per capita. So instead of drawing the obvious conclusions you went for the cheap shot of "oh ho ho you think Norway is smaller in land area than Singapore, how ****ing dumb are you!"

e: and I didn't even say "size" I just said "smaller than" without specifying a parameter, which again should have been very ****ing apparent based on the context of the conversation. So maybe you need an English language lesson in context clues.

Comment

• Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Navy Yard shooting: AR-15, back in the news -- briefly
                      By Ben Brumfield, CNN
                      updated 8:59 AM EDT, Tue September 17, 2013

(CNN) -- It has been called the most popular rifle in America, and it briefly returned to the spotlight after Monday's shooting at the Navy Yard: the AR-15.

A U.S. law enforcement official said Monday that gunman Aaron Alexis unleashed a barrage of bullets using an AR-15, a rifle and a semi-automatic handgun. Authorities believed the AR-15 was used for most of the shooting, the official said. The news prompted Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of the strongest proponents of a ban on assault weapons like the AR-15, to issue a statement the same day asking, "When will enough be enough?"

However, federal law enforcement sources told CNN Tuesday that authorities have recovered three weapons from the scene of the mass shooting, including one -- a shotgun -- that investigators believe Alexis brought in to the compound. The other two weapons, which sources say were handguns, may have been taken from guards at the Navy complex.

The sources, who have detailed knowledge of the investigation, cautioned that initial information that an AR-15 was used in the shootings may have been incorrect. It is believed that Alexis had rented an AR-15, but returned it before Monday morning's shootings. Authorities are still investigating precisely how many weapons Alexis had access to and when.
                      The gun control debate is sparked again by the Navy Yard shooting in Washington. Aaron Alexis killed 12 before being fatally shot by police.

We need to ban shotguns and guards with handguns.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• My guess is there won't be anyone clamoring for gun control over this. For one thing the man probably wasn't outright psychotic, just a disgruntled employee. Like that dude who flew a plane into an IRS office in Texas, there's a "reason" and suddenly it's not as hysterical.

Comment

• How do you rent an AR15? That seems like a bad idea.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I don't know. I've never heard of a place renting guns that you can then take around with you. I've only ever heard of ranges renting guns for the duration of the time you're actually at the range shooting them. I'm not even sure that federal law allows for that sort of thing. If it does you'd probably have to get a background check done first.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              If you actually thought that I believed that Singapore was largely in land area than Norway then you're the moron for not being able to come up with the OBVIOUS alternative measurement of size.

"Size" without further clarification could mean land area, it could mean land area plus internal water area (lakes and such, like Minnesota), it could mean population, it could mean ****ing volume, and you are hopefully smart enough to figure out from context that it was obviously number 3. ESPECIALLY since land area was irrelevant to the discussion, which was GDP per capita. So instead of drawing the obvious conclusions you went for the cheap shot of "oh ho ho you think Norway is smaller in land area than Singapore, how ****ing dumb are you!"

e: and I didn't even say "size" I just said "smaller than" without specifying a parameter, which again should have been very ****ing apparent based on the context of the conversation. So maybe you need an English language lesson in context clues.
                              so what you're saying is that your statement could have meant many things and was therefore unclear. i agree.

also, saying "[norway] is smaller than singapore" is not a valid way to say what you meant. the correct form would be "norway's population is smaller than singapore's" or "norway has a smaller population than singapore"*. so what you said is grammatically wrong.

now if we put our two opinions together, we can agree that your statement was not just unclear, but also grammatically wrong.

agreement

*other forms are possible, but these seem the most natural.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                                so what you're saying is that your statement could have meant many things and was therefore unclear. i agree
                                Wrong, I'm saying that if you're willing to do a little bit of thinking of your own it should be plainly ****ing obvious what I meant, regardless of your dumb pedantic bull**** bringing us back to a previous point in the thread nobody is still concerned with discussing. Now you're going back on ignore, I'm not sure why I ever took you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X