No announcement yet.

The Apolyton hacking pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find white-knighting 'poly in its hour of need a subtle and wonderful revenge, given the years of givens. You're one mean/nice SOB, Solver. Full marks for the best troll I've ever seen anywhere.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

... and that's it, I am going to bed. There was another attempt to do the same thing 5 minutes ago but I deleted that in time. Unless somebody reacts quickly, the forums will have been defaced again anyway by the time I wake up.

The front page of the site itself is still borked, and I think that some other security hole might have been inserted in addition to the ones I've mentioned. Also, in the unlikely event any of those hackers had any brains, they would have downloaded the hashed passwords of the admin, so CyberShy should change his just in case.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Wow. Thanks Solver!

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
          I find white-knighting 'poly in its hour of need a subtle and wonderful revenge, given the years of givens. You're one mean/nice SOB, Solver. Full marks for the best troll I've ever seen anywhere.
          Thank you kindly, BU You remain a Provost-worthy gentleman.

I can honestly say no revenge is on my mind. Any serious dissatisfaction I've had with this place vanished a long time ago. It happened so that about a week ago I wanted to log on here (as I just discovered, it's been over 2 years since I've been to the site), and the site was hacked then. So I've been checking in regarding its status, especially since I'm aware that there's currently a massive amount of vB defacement going on.

Comment

That's more or less how I feel about 'poly, too. There were a lot of hard feelings in the past, but none of these jokers here have annoyed me lately, besides Oerdin, and we're really all part of a meta-community together, and every loss is a loss to everyone.

Been thinking a lot about that since CGN closed last month.
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

thanks solver, great work.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Ahh, I'm getting all the love from BU and all over something at CG three or four years ago.

Anyway, thanks Solver, even if you are a bastard for banning me at the panda site for never actually breaking any rule and just because you didn't like something I posted on CG.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ahh, I'm getting all the love from BU and all over something at CG three or four years ago.
                  forum drama is serious business!
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Just removed one more PHP backdoor that was installed into the forum tonight. A nice little shell with Portugese UI installed offering some remote execution capabilities + attempts to escalate privileges. I saved it just in case someone wants to look later.

How many hours does it take for someone on the staff to read this already?

Comment

Just removed one more PHP backdoor that was installed into the forum tonight. A nice little shell with Portugese UI installed offering some remote execution capabilities + attempts to escalate privileges. I saved it just in case someone wants to look later.

Comment

They don't expect useful posts in OT.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post

I'm reading now.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post
                            Ok, to whoever runs this joint now (still CyberShy?):

I just fixed the forum front page and removed some backdoors. You had 3 backdoors running at the same time! The ones that I mentioned with system(), and also one called c99shell - you can look it and its capabilities up online.

There's also an impressive 20 backdoor admin accounts created today. I'm in the process of deleting them. Remove your darn upgrade script or else this will likely not last an hour.

EDIT: Okay, those admin accounts are gone. I found another 3 backdoors running as plugins. I'm surprised they haven't smothered one another. Why in the blazes do you not have system() and eval() disabled in php.ini?
                            I'm not the most technical admin (euphimism) so, first: thanks for your help so far!
                            (I'm curious: you could do this b/c you could get in b/c of the hack, or b/c you still have powers here?)
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Yeah... Thanks Solver. Much appreciated!
                              I'm glad somebody finally noticed your posts
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X