The Apolyton hacking pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Sava -- It's WePlayCiv.com, a schism site from Poly. Established a few years ago by IIRC Lancer and others. Several Poly people also post there.
    When you see references to pandafvckers here, that's the site it refers to.

Miss a little, miss a lot.

Wish they'd fix the damned Reply w/quote.
    It works if you right click and pick open in new tab.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
      Established by Solver, Locutus and Dale. Lance was just Member #98.

I was member number 13. Honest.
      I think you still are.

So what happened in February 2012?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Too much is being made of my casual use of the word hate - and I phrased it poorly in a way that could be taken to mean I hate you guys. I was unhappy with an unfair decision Old King Log and Old King Log made, and I accordingly removed my support from the Frog Pond. -And there went half of all remaining activity in short order.

This is the only real leverage we hold on a forum; we don't have to be there. The Pond is slowly drying up from sheer boredom, laziness and hypocrisy. It behooves us to leave it to its fate and not provide any excitement, that it may die alone and unloved.
        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          It works if you right click and pick open in new tab.
          Reply with quote works if you click on it twice, at least on chrome. To edit, you need to open in a new tab.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            4th hacking done to the front page.
            I'm beginning to think of this as more of a feature than a bug. I'm looking at the front page more now than I have in years.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

MY problem with WPC is I got banned without breaking any rules at all and even Solver admitted it. He just got upset with something I said on CG and so banned me at WPC. Some people just shouldn't be mods.
              Lots of people have asked why I don't go there since the site seems much more friendlier to me. I disagreed with Solver and Locutus et al's justification for leaving poly then. Disagree with them now.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Thanks Jrab. I would give you a thanks, but I used mine and it hasn't respawned.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

5th time has now happened. It claims someone uploaded a trojan and that's how they're getting in.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

that's hardcore
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well holy gargoyles!

vBulletin sites have been getting hacked left and right recently, but upgrading the forums doesn't solve anything by itself. You're getting lots of fake users created with admin rights that haven't been removed. You also almost certainly have a plugin installed that calls system() in PHP to give a backdoor, tied to the AJAX start hook. And remove the damn upgrade scripts from the server once you're done upgrading! The scripts are there right now which adds another half a dozen easy ways to hack into the forum.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Oh right, that's my issue with WPC. They took Solver away from Apolyton.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Solver
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ok, to whoever runs this joint now (still CyberShy?):

I just fixed the forum front page and removed some backdoors. You had 3 backdoors running at the same time! The ones that I mentioned with system(), and also one called c99shell - you can look it and its capabilities up online.

There's also an impressive 20 backdoor admin accounts created today. I'm in the process of deleting them. Remove your darn upgrade script or else this will likely not last an hour.

EDIT: Okay, those admin accounts are gone. I found another 3 backdoors running as plugins. I'm surprised they haven't smothered one another. Why in the blazes do you not have system() and eval() disabled in php.ini?
                            Last edited by Solver; September 9, 2013, 17:06.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

yay SOlver
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Awesome, intelligent gibberish tech talk.

Solver

I guess you Soviets are good for something.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X