Carl's Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whataburger. That is all.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      It's not an amazing burger or taco by any means but "Jack's Big Deal" for $2.99 at Jack in the Box gives you a burger, fries, taco, and a large coke. I see a lot of college kids ordering that when I stop in at Jack in the Box. If you go in on "Taco Tuesdays" and you've printed out their coupon for two free tacos then they'll throw in an additional two tacos at no additional charge.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordp...-299-big-deal/
      JintheB continues to be the ultimate leader in dirt cheap fast food, both taste and variety.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        I've seen you write that before, but I haven't seen it myself. Where do you get gourmet from?
        The goddamn embellishment of the cooking process.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

What embellishment?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            I've seen you write that before, but I haven't seen it myself. Where do you get gourmet from?
            It's very commonly said in the media:

One of your neighbors posted in Business. Click through to read what they have to say. (The views expressed in this post are the author’s own.)

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Burger King is the ****. $5 for a hamburger and fries. Sign me up. My weekly budget for food varies between $30-$40 so I can't be spending $10 on a ****ing hamburger.
              Remove "the" and you're correct. BK is the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned (as in, below McD's). I'd go to _any_ FF restaurant over BK. By far the least consistency between franchises of any major fast food establishment (perhaps KFC rivals it, but it's harder to screw up fried chicken).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't think 5 Guys themselves use the word 'gourmet' or would particularly think it applies. The one thing I would say is that you might argue the topping selection is 'gourmet'; default burger toppings = cheese, bacon, ketchup, LTO. 5 Guys is one of those places where you can get grilled onions, mushrooms, whatnot - maybe 25 toppings in all? So more 'gourmet' than a regular hamburger.

Comment

Even if gourmet is the wrong word they're certainly trying to present themselves as a step above fast food.

Comment

Not the impression I get - they're trying to present themselves as good, simple fast food, which is what they are. A step above McD/Wendy's/BK, sure, but that's accurate.

Comment

Bloomberg doesn't call them gourmet burgers and instead calls them part of the "better burger segment" which is above fast food but not really in the rarefied air of the gourmet segment so perhaps the gourmet tag is a misnomer.

In the so-called better burger segment, including Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Fuddruckers and Smashburger, sales increased about 18 percent to almost $2 billion, according to Technomic, which tracks chains with more than $10 million in annual revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        Not the impression I get - they're trying to present themselves as good, simple fast food, which is what they are. A step above McD/Wendy's/BK, sure, but that's accurate.
                        Yep.

5Guys
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran Sukdiqui
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

AAHZ-Penisface
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              JintheB continues to be the ultimate leader in dirt cheap fast food, both taste and variety.
                              Three tacos, a burger, fries, and a large coke for $2.99 is hard to beat. I also like how on their non-value menu burgers they'll let you pick between American, Swiss, Cheddar, or Pepper Jack cheese (all for the same price), you can have either regular fries or spicy curly fries, they have a nice selection of shakes, plus they have some slightly different menu options from the other fast food burger places like cheese cake for $0.99, a garden side salad instead of fries (at no additional charge), or things like two tacos for $0.99. Their fresh salad bar is also nice. They at least try to be a bit different from the usual fast food places.

Edit: Oh, I forgot they also include lots of little things for free which other places charge you extra for; things like your choice of fresh white or red onions or grilled white or grilled red onions for free.
                              Last edited by Dinner; August 2, 2013, 15:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                Three tacos, a burger, fries, and a large coke for $2.99 is hard to beat. I also like how on their non-value menu burgers they'll let you pick between American, Swiss, Cheddar, or Pepper Jack cheese (all for the same price), you can have either regular fries or spicy curly fries, they have a nice selection of shakes, plus they have some slightly different menu options from the other fast food burger places like cheese cake for $0.99, a garden side salad instead of fries (at no additional charge), or things like two tacos for $0.99. Their fresh salad bar is also nice. They at least try to be a bit different from the usual fast food places.

Edit: Oh, I forgot they also include lots of little things for free which other places charge you extra for; things like your choice of fresh white or red onions or grilled white or grilled red onions for free.
                                It's not advertised, but on the Wendy's Baconator, you can order as much bacon as you want. I just don't like their bacon.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X